Windstar intake swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Windstar intake swap

I've been looking for a good project to do and the intake swap is just perfect. I just need to know all the parts I need, where I can get them, and some instructions. Also, if you can include potential problems (like the hood clearance issue) or parts that are re-usable from the 'Stang, please let me know. Thanks!

I already posted this in another forum, but this one is MUCH more active in the V6 section
03Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #2

Region: Illinois
Check this site out

Found this when i first heard of the Windstar Intake. They used to sell complete kits, but if you go to any local wreck yard you'll likely find a windstar. I'd Also check ebay VAP Auto - Windstar Kit
trublue sixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Search VAP auto and mustang that is a good sight. I will do a write up in a few months on one but I have no stock clearance issues. Someone told me you can do it without VAPs spacer or without cutting a spacer. Most the parts at the sight are not longer evadible, but the general idea and replacement ideas should come to you. For example: the cold air intake pipe is not there but you can use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	144027  

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Got the intake today, it will probably be this month. Need to order some parts to make it compatible.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 01-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Got the intake today, it will probably be this month. Need to order some parts to make it compatible.
Thanks, keep me posted!
03Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I got a bolt stuck in the lower intake that has been there for over 5 years. This is holding me up. I am not a big fan of tap and die, so I'll probably buy another lower intake. This is what is holding me up. My 4.2 intake works with the striped bolt but the Windstar intake will not.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang