1995 3.8l V6 Won't Start, Can Someone Help?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #1

Region: Oregon
1995 3.8l V6 Won't Start, Can Someone Help??

Hi, I am just starting to get into the Auto Mechanic trade, I know a lot of the basics, but I kinda just learn as I go, I have replaced the whole front end (Body) I replaced the Water Pump, Mass Air Flow System, Radiator, Overflow Reservoir, Spark Plugs.. Etc.. Just small stuff, but here's what is going on below..

Ok, so awhile back my clutch went out and I had just replaced the spark plugs at that time and the engine would turn over just fine, it would start every time, first try. So I ended up having to leave my Mustang sitting around for a few months while I gathered the extra money to buy a new clutch kit, now that I have the clutch kit, my car won't turn over, I Fully charged the battery, checked the fuses, made sure there is gas in the tank, One think is that I am not hearing my Fuel Pump turn on when I turn the Ignition on, I don't know what it could be, so can someone help me please??
KillerTurbo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Check the starter, it's only 3 bolts. One of the bolts you will need plenty of extensions and a swivel. You need to put the extension just below the motor mount metal and work your way back. I have herd of several people not putting the bolt back on because it is a pain to get to.
I'd also check the cables and turn on the lights to make sure you are getting a good connection. If you are getting no lights, scrap the starter pull.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Go to a parts store and buy some starter fluid (pic 1). Pic 2 look at the long black thing on the left hand side of the pic. It is an air box other wise known as a cold air intake. Take the clamp off where it connect to the engine. Spray starter fluid in it and put it back on the car quick. You do not even need to screw the clamp back on, right now. Push the gas petal in and crank the car. Pm me and tell me what happens. Try this a few times. I am going to bed, good night Kevin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	starter fluid.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	144293   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	144294  

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang