my turbo build up - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Ohh so basically the kit - the turbo and oil lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
he will have tial wastegate and bov, havent decided on the turbo but im thinking the turbonetics gtk series or a precision, both have good spool time,tma hot and cold piping kit, manual in car boost controller, ford gt fuel pump,havent picked an intercooler yet

the transmission will be tuned for softer shifts for now, but later it will get a stall and a full build by powertrain specialist that will handle 1000hp, the rearend is getting 31 spline hardened axles and carrier with 4:10 gears...

yeah............that stuff


rear end is getting done tuesday (if they have time) with everything minus the 31 spline and hardened axles
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #37
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
he will have tial wastegate and bov, havent decided on the turbo but im thinking the turbonetics gtk series or a precision, both have good spool time,tma hot and cold piping kit, manual in car boost controller, ford gt fuel pump,havent picked an intercooler yet

the transmission will be tuned for softer shifts for now, but later it will get a stall and a full build by powertrain specialist that will handle 1000hp, the rearend is getting 31 spline hardened axles and carrier with 4:10 gears...

Interesting gt fuel pump...

Its kind of general to say "im thinking the turbonetics gtk or a precision, both have good spool time" however. That covers quite a few turbocharger selections.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #38
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

yes, mustang gt fuel system with a gt supercar pump, general??? dude give me a break, i havent sat down and determined an exact turbo set-up yet, im not running a garret, or a base model turbonetics, he just ordered the piping for it, i dont even know which flange it has on it...plus im still pricing with my distributers... i was thinking something in the 63 mm range. yall are quick to ask questions then pick at the answers, kyle changes his mind alot so until he has th money to buy it, im not making a decision on a head unit.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

eh, he's just curious to know the setup..........calm down jarrod
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #40
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: my turbo build up

Poor Jarrod.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:07 AM   #41
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
yes, mustang gt fuel system with a gt supercar pump, general??? dude give me a break, i havent sat down and determined an exact turbo set-up yet, im not running a garret, or a base model turbonetics, he just ordered the piping for it, i dont even know which flange it has on it...plus im still pricing with my distributers... i was thinking something in the 63 mm range. yall are quick to ask questions then pick at the answers, kyle changes his mind alot so until he has th money to buy it, im not making a decision on a head unit.
Wasn't it you who said you've built setups in the past? You can weld a flange onto whatever and run whatever... might require some custom work and a bigger down pipe but it can be done. The question I asked was simple, you could have said "I'm not sure what head unit" instead you gave a generalized statement about two different turbo brands (precision and turbonetics) have good spool time.

Anyway moving on.... gt40 pump, why not just a 310lph pump? AND what size injectors do you plan on running?
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:16 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Anyway moving on.... gt40 pump, why not just a 310lph pump? AND what size injectors do you plan on running?
..........its gonna go fast



*looks at jarrod*
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:22 AM   #43
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
..........its gonna go fast



*looks at jarrod*
BETCHA MINE GOES FASTER :giggity:
Do you have aim? (edit: i see you do )
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:26 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

for now it does............i might have to make a little road trip in a few months to prove you otherwise

and i do have aim, but i never get on..........
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 AM   #45
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
for now it does............i might have to make a little road trip in a few months to prove you otherwise

and i do have aim, but i never get on..........
Hey i'll pay for your track time if you happened to end up in Texas! But in a few months I'll have 2 turbos.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Hey i'll pay for your track time if you happened to end up in Texas! But in a few months I'll have 2 turbos.
then i'll just put like 6 on mine then
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 AM   #47
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Plan on running 6 Mitsubishi TD-02s? That would be fun to see!
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:46 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: my turbo build up

You'll need to shave off some weight, I recommend one of these... (sorry, I never had a choice)

RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

where am i gonna put that..........no rear seat. the only way i will do racing seats is if mine get all ****ed up or i come across a sweet deal on some tan ones
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM   #50
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Wasn't it you who said you've built setups in the past? You can weld a flange onto whatever and run whatever... might require some custom work and a bigger down pipe but it can be done. The question I asked was simple, you could have said "I'm not sure what head unit" instead you gave a generalized statement about two different turbo brands (precision and turbonetics) have good spool time.

Anyway moving on.... gt40 pump, why not just a 310lph pump? AND what size injectors do you plan on running?

i didnt mean that to come off rude, i was laughing when i said it,it wasent too general, the only turbonetics head unit i would run on it would be the gtk series,or a precision, i have built all kinds of combinantions but i still dont know if hes going to throw heads/cams into it at last minute, iv never done this exact combination so im running some numbers to see what is the best thing to get plus im not going to spent 1200 on a turbonetics turbo if i can get a precision for 800. the gt40 pump is cheaper than the aftermarket pumps and was reccomended by the guy with the piping kit, i will look into a 310lph when the time comes.i think we are going to run 36lb injectors for now until he maxes them. i wasent trying toi jump on you, but i see it looks that way, as far as the flange, im not going to modify it if i can find a turbo to fit it and work, i just want it here before i make a decision.i also have to keep in mind that this is a temporary combination and make sure everything will work for his future plans.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:04 AM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Gotcha.

I would say the 310lph pump and the 39lb cobra injectors would do you good until you got crazy with the setup.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
Gotcha.

I would say the 310lph pump and the 39lb cobra injectors would do you good until you got crazy with the setup.
Yeah, but if his plans are to eventually go crazy with the setup, there's no sense in double buying parts. Might as well get what you will need at the end instead of a band aid for now and then have to buy more stuff later.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 AM   #53
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Yeah, but if his plans are to eventually go crazy with the setup, there's no sense in double buying parts. Might as well get what you will need at the end instead of a band aid for now and then have to buy more stuff later.
Hmmm..
At the end hes gonna need twin modded gt40 pumps
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #54
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

i figured a single gt pump and just add another one down the line, and im not overkilling the injectors, he can just sell them for new ones when the time comes.probably run 39 lb injectors, a gt fuel pump, and a lightning mass air(if i can get away with it)
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #55
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Is the lightning MAF optimal for a blow through setup? Seems like you would want something like an sct ba maf
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #56
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

the granatelli kit uses a lighnting maf in a blow through housing and it tunes fine, thats what we have on our 05 turbo shop car, and i have one already so its free to try, if not then we will go with an sct but im pretty sure the lightning maf will be plenty.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 930
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
i figured a single gt pump and just add another one down the line, and im not overkilling the injectors, he can just sell them for new ones when the time comes.probably run 39 lb injectors, a gt fuel pump, and a lightning mass air(if i can get away with it)
if you havent gotten the injectors yet, there are 6 39lb cobra injectors on another forum for $150 shipped. let me know. i believe there were only 400 or so miles on them.
tigerfan2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: my turbo build up

On SVTP there was a buy in BR trying to sell 8 39# injectors for $80.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #59
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

somebody post me some links, i need the injectors yesterday....little bastard decided to order everything at once, i gotta have a combination ready for next friday...
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #60
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
somebody post me some links, i need the injectors yesterday....little bastard decided to order everything at once, i gotta have a combination ready for next friday...
It's retarded to rush it. THere will be another street racing day. The last time y'all tried to rush something for a race day you ended up hitting the dumpster.

Kyle's had a long time to get some of these parts and has had some killer deals thrown at him that he passed up. To rush this is just asking for trouble.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #61
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: my turbo build up

150 shipped FS:Eaton,injectors,Cobra Nos Plate,fuel rail - SVTPerformance

Some folks in here have injectors looking for offers
WTB: 03/04 Cobra Stock Heat Exchanger and Injectors - SVTPerformance
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #62
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: my turbo build up

im not planning to hae it running by that day, he is just ready to order everything, im not going to install it for a little while, im definitly not rushing anything, he just finally got the bug and said "order what you want and let me know how much" wish i had that bank...tomorrow ill have access to it goldclub anyone?

im just saying now i gotta quit being lazy and pic a turbo, imma call tma monday to see what intercooler, boots and clamps we need so i can get those on the way, need injectors and a fuel pump and the last thing im buying is the turbo.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #63
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Would it be rushing to have mine done in 16hours.. Because the second my stuff gets here its stop what I'm doing an go into install mode
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

we are gonna start buying this and that every other week or so........so when jarrod gets a good combo together, we are gonna start ordering. hopefully, he can have a combo once we get the piping, and if that takes a couple weeks then about 4-6 weeks after that we will have at least ordered everything if things go smoothly.


oh jarrod, were those numbers you saw with just a turbo setup, or were there other motor mods to get those numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
he just finally got the bug and said "order what you want and let me know how much" wish i had that bank...

me too man..............me too
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #65
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 15
Re: my turbo build up

hey kyle when ever your ready to take VCS_SSSTANG on the challenge let me know man, ill be living back in college station in about 2 weeks for school. By the way this is daniel, i dont think you know my online name.
ebalderas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #66
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 15
Re: my turbo build up

VCS_SSSTANG now that i think about it, ive seen your car around A&M. i think i saw your car at 4.0 and go one time. damn i didnt know you were turbo'ed out.
ebalderas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #67
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebalderas View Post
hey kyle when ever your ready to take VCS_SSSTANG on the challenge let me know man, ill be living back in college station in about 2 weeks for school. By the way this is daniel, i dont think you know my online name.
@_@ kyle vs kyle!

You'll be in CS what do you drive?

Its supercharged now turbo is being worked on.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebalderas View Post
hey kyle when ever your ready to take VCS_SSSTANG on the challenge let me know man, ill be living back in college station in about 2 weeks for school. By the way this is daniel, i dont think you know my online name.

yeah i wouldnt have known had you not told me your name



i bet you had a fun time with us last saturday? especially after i threw you in that group of women
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 PM   #69
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 15
Re: my turbo build up

yeah it was pretty damn fun. she was pretty badass man. she was hott. you goin by the shop tomorrow
ebalderas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: my turbo build up

yeah i think i will swing by there after work...........probably be there around 6
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My turbo build up! VCS_SSSTANG Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 02-27-2009 10:47 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.