Trouble code - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Trouble code

System running too lean Bank 1?

What does this mean
PiojoA7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
It means you are sucking in too much air or not enough fuel. I recommend Seafome to clean the injectors.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I googled it, and it said that it can be a faulty 02 sensor. But I don't know which sensor it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangs tell you when a o2 goes out, they do not say bank one lean. It would tell you which o2 is out. Example: bank 1 sensor1

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
Old 01-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I heard stories of seafoam going bad. People follow the correct directions, but in the end it turns out bad. My car has 133xxx miles. Will it be safe to use?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have never herd the stories. If you get it professionally cleaned it is basically the same thing. I would not trust any other over the counter fuel cleaner. A fuel injector is basically plastic, electro magnet, plunger, and a spray nozzle. The nozzle gets clogged and can not push fuel fast enough so you get a lean code. What exactly did they say went bad after using Seafome? Sometime people have other problems and blame the most recent thing used.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Some stories that I have heard is that the smoke keeps coming out the tailpipe for a long time. It idles poorly after the seafoam burns. What kind of problems do I have to have with the car to prevent using seafoam. I don't want my car to get worst.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

They all burn white smoke for a while after the Seafome is used. It burns out the trash. I forget the technical term for what it is burning. It is the black old oil that gets stuck in our intakes. If you do not want it to burn this off. Do not take the brake booster line and save half the Seafome for future use. You have to change the fuel filter after using Seafome or you could have idle issues. Usually it idles at higher rpms. You could just have it professionally done for around $60. Get 2 or 3 step.
I am waiting for my stupid reciprocating saw to charge and put in my racing seats. So I have time to explain.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanxx for the info. This will be my first time using seafoam. What will be the proper way of using the seafoam? Does that car have to be cold or warm? I want to know all the side effects that can happen, so I can have an idea.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

You are a smart concerned consumer, so I did some research. I did not want to be the ignorant advisor or lug a guilty conscience. Seafome is mainly made of isopropyl alcohol and pale oil. There are some complaints of not reacting well to certain spark plugs and engine failure on high mileage engines. May be it is like all those new designer drugs. The epic mistakes slip through the cracks and people market the positive promotions. Just be safe and get a 2 step from a pro. so possible mistakes do not prevail. I personally had no issues, but who can ignore that many post about Seafome problems.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang