Tire buying - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Tire buying

I need new tires. Whatever the stock 16" tires are. American muscle says 245/50 r16. I need to know where I should look for the best prices, what brands suck, and which are good
bkh1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
I need new tires. Whatever the stock 16" tires are. American muscle says 245/50 r16. I need to know where I should look for the best prices, what brands suck, and which are good
www.tirerack.com is a great starting point to find and research tires for your car. They are rated for all different individual aspects of the tire, like wet performance, dry performance, handling, comfort, etc. They also show you how each different tire within a category rate against each other. There are also customer reviews for each tire. Very useful site.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
www.tirerack.com is a great starting point to find and research tires for your car. They are rated for all different individual aspects of the tire, like wet performance, dry performance, handling, comfort, etc. They also show you how each different tire within a category rate against each other. There are also customer reviews for each tire. Very useful site.
Okay thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
There's a ton of great tires out there. It really depends on how you use your car. If you drive it in the Summer, then Summer tires are going to be very easy to find. If you drive it year round, rain, snow etc. then you may want to look into an all-season tire.

We offer Tires like Mickey Thompson, Falken, Nitto, Sumitomo, Perelli etc.. and you really cant' go wrong. I've run just about every different tire that we offer and never had a problem!

Keep in mind we also price match. So if you find a tire cheaper elsewhere, just let us know and we will price match for you! I hope this helps you with your decision.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post

+ 1 on tirerack.com

I also like any local Discount Tire...
They've always been good on prices, fix flats for free. I like to give them business when I can.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
There's a ton of great tires out there. It really depends on how you use your car. If you drive it in the Summer, then Summer tires are going to be very easy to find. If you drive it year round, rain, snow etc. then you may want to look into an all-season tire.

We offer Tires like Mickey Thompson, Falken, Nitto, Sumitomo, Perelli etc.. and you really cant' go wrong. I've run just about every different tire that we offer and never had a problem!

Keep in mind we also price match. So if you find a tire cheaper elsewhere, just let us know and we will price match for you! I hope this helps you with your decision.

-Dan
I definitely need all-season tires. On American Muscle I could only find two tires that were the correct size. But luckily the Sumitomos you guys have, tire rack has for $84 each so if I get those it will definitely be price matched from you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
+ 1 on tirerack.com

I also like any local Discount Tire...
They've always been good on prices, fix flats for free. I like to give them business when I can.
I'll check into Discount Tire!

I've searched through Tire Rack and came up with Sumitomo, Kumho Ecsta, or Firestone Firehawk. If anyone has any comments on those, please chime in
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I definitely need all-season tires. On American Muscle I could only find two tires that were the correct size. But luckily the Sumitomos you guys have, tire rack has for $84 each so if I get those it will definitely be price matched from you guys!

I'll check into Discount Tire!

I've searched through Tire Rack and came up with Sumitomo, Kumho Ecsta, or Firestone Firehawk. If anyone has any comments on those, please chime in
X2....free rotation and fixes...
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

-Dan
Price match AND free shipping Dan?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang