Suspension parts list? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Suspension parts list?

OK so I know that my lower ball joints are slowly going out due to the annoying squeaking noise when ever I go over a bump or push down on my fenders. So Ive decided to go ahead and update my entire front susupension system
I consider myself mechanically inclined (aircraft mechanic) but I just dont know the names of the parts I need/want to replace
So basically what Im looking for is a list of parts that would be smart to go ahead and replace/update while Im down there.
TreyDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Check tie rods and wheel bearings. Lift the car up and press up, down, and side to side to see if the bearings are good. You have upper and lower ball joints. Which are bad?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
While your in there you might want to do lowering springs and shocks. When I put mine in I had 2 broken springs.
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Check tie rods and wheel bearings. Lift the car up and press up, down, and side to side to see if the bearings are good. You have upper and lower ball joints. Which are bad?
Didnt know there were also upper but pretty sure its the lower, they are at the end of the a-arm directly behind the rotors. When I look under there they are dirty/rusty looking and I spray them with some lube and they stop squeaking for about a week.
TreyDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang