are these headers (pics) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
are these headers (pics)

I bought my sixxer last month and dealer told me nothing, I took my car to the shop today mechanic asked if I put headers off course I said no. Just want to know are these headers if so factory or aftermarket and longtube or short

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140205_113951.png
Views:	159
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	147094



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140205_114001.png
Views:	145
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	147095



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140205_114011.png
Views:	157
Size:	467.8 KB
ID:	147096
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Looks to me like factory manifolds. If anything, they could be close to short tube headers (or "shorties"), but those have a cast iron look to them. Aftermarket shorties or long tube are more smooth, hence one reason they'd flow better, plus each tube is "tuned", meaning it's length is equal to the rest.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Looks to me like factory manifolds. If anything, they could be close to short tube headers (or "shorties"), but those have a cast iron look to them. Aftermarket shorties or long tube are more smooth, hence one reason they'd flow better, plus each tube is "tuned", meaning it's length is equal to the rest.

Ok cool, thanks man I just wasn't sure becuz I was getting the car dropped 2" just wanted to make sure I can lower it that much
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Those are the Factory exhaust manifold!.. Each cylinder feeding into one primary tube that runs along the head!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Ok cool, thanks man I just wasn't sure becuz I was getting the car dropped 2" just wanted to make sure I can lower it that much
Easy peasy then...just crawl under the car, find the lowest point, and measure down from it to see how much clearance you will have when the vehicle is lowered.

2 inches is a lot for lowering. On the newer Mustangs, driveline starts to become an issue past the 2 inch mark. Things like drive shaft angle, rear suspension angles, etc. become problems (vibration and noises). Check with others for your year Mustang to see if any other areas need attention before lowering to save yourself some headackes later.

Or maybe you already have..if that's the case, ignore this!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Easy peasy then...just crawl under the car, find the lowest point, and measure down from it to see how much clearance you will have when the vehicle is lowered.

2 inches is a lot for lowering. On the newer Mustangs, driveline starts to become an issue past the 2 inch mark. Things like drive shaft angle, rear suspension angles, etc. become problems (vibration and noises). Check with others for your year Mustang to see if any other areas need attention before lowering to save yourself some headackes later.

Or maybe you already have..if that's the case, ignore this!

Thanks man I deff will measure the distance. I heard of people doing 2" drop for 99-04 models they said they haven't had any issues
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Looks to me like someone upgraded (or downgraded) manifolds. Yeah those are stock but they're from an older sn95. They came factory with "shorties" they flow better, our 99-04's had log manifolds Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1391782835.867570.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	703.7 KB
ID:	147269
These are shorty headers
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
sam62893's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colton
Region: California
Posts: 2,029
Sorry, now that I'm taking a better look at your pictures, those are your stock manifolds
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
comporange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: glen burnie
Region: Maryland
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
Sorry, now that I'm taking a better look at your pictures, those are your stock manifolds

Thanks man I thought I may have gotten lucky lol
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
Just go to a salvage yard and pick up some 94-98 headers and paint them if you want. Sand blast them and get the special header paint.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Progress on long tube headers install and step by step insall Luna1994 2005-2010 Mustang GT 76 01-08-2014 04:51 PM
A question about longtube headers Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 09-12-2011 07:12 AM
Headers? Texasstang 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 3 09-11-2011 11:11 PM
Orange headers 91gt 1979-1995 Mustang GT 10 07-27-2011 08:00 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.