2002 3.8l Swapped into 1992 240sx??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #1

Region: Florida
2002 3.8l Swapped into 1992 240sx???

What do you guys think? Ok, I'm new here. My name is Dillon. lol. Well, I got bored one weekend and with some really nice customers received a 2002 Mustang for 200$.. I recently blew my Ka24e that i turbocharged in my 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe. Lets just say for the record I got really really bored....Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe Shell.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	148213

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coupe Running.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	148214

Name:	Coupe Shell Engine In.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	148215

Name:	Coupe Shell 2.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	148216
Please no haters... All work was done by me.

Now for my problems... just imagine the mustang when thinking about this because i used all wiring from the mustang all the way to the speedometer fuel pump P.A.T.S system... yea the That pesky security thing... thats my problem. I want to get rid of that system and dont know where to begin. Could i build a MegaSquirt ecu and just cut all the garbage wires out? Im used to building older vehicles such as the front engine rear wheel drive Sandrail. Please help!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dilon Sandrail Drift.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	148217  
1camslamm3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That's pretty sick. I love it! Well samuelsmith on here knows all about PATS you could send him a message. Or you could get someone to disable PATS with a tune. How did you go about installing the drivetrain?!? Oh and welcome
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Here is the most I got out of the dealership. PATS for dummies translation
Great work on the transformation!
I turned mine off with a tune because I did not have a second key to diagnose.
Pats communicates with the engine, pats box, computer, gage cluster, and key. If you do not include any of these items in your install, pats will cut off your fuel pump. If you rewire the fuel pump you can eliminate the pats system.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
There must be something from the mustang you forgot to transfer if you had an entire donor car for the swap. If all is present then something pats related was damaged at one point.

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
That's pretty sick. I love it! Well samuelsmith on here knows all about PATS you could send him a message. Or you could get someone to disable PATS with a tune. How did you go about installing the drivetrain?!? Oh and welcome
Thanks! and for the drivetrain I cut the crossmember out of both cars and welded Alot of parts together lol hard to explain because it was alot of work but well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Here is the most I got out of the dealership. PATS for dummies translation
Great work on the transformation!
I turned mine off with a tune because I did not have a second key to diagnose.
Pats communicates with the engine, pats box, computer, gage cluster, and key. If you do not include any of these items in your install, pats will cut off your fuel pump. If you rewire the fuel pump you can eliminate the pats system.
So a megasquirt ECU would allow me to remove all features and run just my motor and tune... just going off of what your tune did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcseifert View Post
There must be something from the mustang you forgot to transfer if you had an entire donor car for the swap. If all is present then something pats related was damaged at one point.
I am a certified mechanic with many years experience between me and my pops . We hit all the basics and i was driving and street sliding my car. and some of this. street sliding with the girlfriend ended in disaster. took out a 4'' wide aluminium Do not enter, Wrong way sign... my front support held up great just not my fiberglass fenders and headlight. Now i have this problem and got all my piping for my 70 trim turbo off to the side a little bit, And possibly a gtp supercharger in the center. also i have a 4.2l out of a 2003? f150 sitting under my bench in my shop which i planned to do the conversion.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #6

what it used to be , But shall rise again but a little ford flavor too!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2011-08-10182246.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	148277   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-07-19_11-57-35_998.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	148278  

Old 02-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camslamm3r View Post
So a megasquirt ECU would allow me to remove all features and run just my motor and tune... just going off of what your tune did.
I do not know the megasquirt ECU and not brave enough to tune my own vehicle. If I get a chance to take a course in engine dynamics the situation will change.
The way it was explained to me is, "a cell needs to be turned off". I was not told the exact cell. If you can not figure it out I have two recommendations.
One: American Muscle has a Bama tune team that specifically tunes Mustangs. The call is free.
Two: David does not get on here often, but he is subcontracted through Orbits. Orbits sells tunes. He is working on a merger. He may know. David turned pats off when he installed a Cobra gage cluster.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I'm not aware of what needs to be turned off in the tune for it, just know that Luis turned mine off when I requested it.

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lol orbits? You mean Ortiz?
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I like it!..why not...
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 AM   #11

Thanks me too!! cant beat getting about 1000 lbs knocked off without touching the car...
Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You hve too much fun when you get bored...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang