Question about my tires? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Question about my tires?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1393275487.128077.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	805.5 KB
ID:	148822

My two front tires look Like this, and I'm supposed to be going to see my girl in about a month in New York. I'm in Virginia. This distance is about 1111 miles there and back. Do my tires look like they'll make it?
skylaar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
No, but even if the do last long enough why would you drive with such little tread? If there is any rain that would be very dangerous, change the tires it can't hurt.
Performance Red 2000 v6- m112 supercharger,42lb green top injectors, 310lph fuel pump, BBK shorty headers, True dual exhaust, strut tower brace, GT rear sway bar, Steeda triax short throw shifter, SR lowering springs, tinted headlights and foglights, polk audio speakers, MTX subwoofer, Kenwood head unit and black leather interior.
2000stanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
forget the uneven wear, your tires just look old and abused by day to day driving and weathering.

surely your safety is worth some new tires and an alignment.

otherwise, it may be cheaper to buy an airline ticket than the risk of

killing yourself.
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Little tread is one thing. But all those patches are what you should worry about. Honestly I'd get new tires ASAP.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah they look really bad to me in the spots like that too. I asked my dad and my stepdad about it and they both said that it would last me a good while, but to me that just looks terrible. I'm still in high school and don't have too much extra cash but I'll defiantly find a way to get them replaced before I go. I'm not sure why they wore so fast. I got the car back in April from my aunt and she just had those tires put on brand new. The back tires still have a lot of tread left. I'm not sure why they're going so fast.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylaar10 View Post
Yeah they look really bad to me in the spots like that too. I asked my dad and my stepdad about it and they both said that it would last me a good while, but to me that just looks terrible. I'm still in high school and don't have too much extra cash but I'll defiantly find a way to get them replaced before I go. I'm not sure why they wore so fast. I got the car back in April from my aunt and she just had those tires put on brand new. The back tires still have a lot of tread left. I'm not sure why they're going so fast.
It kind of looks like uneven wear. See how the outside has much more wear on it than the inside? You need to get the camber adjusted.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylaar10 View Post
Wise choice of replacing the tires. Your safety is just not worth risking here. Especially with what looks to be rotted tread, let along uneven wear.

Make sure you get an alignment with your next new set of tires. You don't want new tires to experience bad tread wear like this! Also, be sure to properly inflate the tires. There's a PSI rating on the inside of your door jam for the manufacturer's recommendation.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
You can put the front tire on the rear. This will fix your handling, but you chance hydroplaning. And the other tires will tear up if you do not get the alignment fixed.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

And if you rotate the tires you'll have less traction so it'll be even more dangerous. Wouldn't risk it. When I was strapped for cash I had jus bought my 01 and the tires were shredded. Went to a small tire place and got a set of tires for $100. Sure they looked like tractor tires but I was safe lol
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If all you can do is rotate your tires it safer to have more tread on the front tires. Its where you need it most for turning, braking.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Along with misalignment, looks like you have been running underinflated.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Like sam said, you can go to any used tire shop and get a tire for $25, a set for $100, or look over craigslist like I did, I got a set of wheels and tires for $200.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well I ran into some money and am getting the front 2 tires replaced and an alignment for $270. I hate Firestone due to the fact that I know several people who have been there and their cars have been messed up really badly by them. But I know I've known the manager since I was a baby and she's going to hook me up.

It's weird that I couldn't find these tires at any of the used tire places around here, nor walmart, tread quarters, merchants, the ford dealership, etc. must have called about 15 places and no one had them. Weird. Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang