Car has very bad throttle lag - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Car has very bad throttle lag

Wats up guys, I just got my car back from the body shop earlier. I noticed my car has a very bad throttle lag like to the point I step on the gas and either it picks up very very very slow or it just doesn't pick up until after a few seconds. I know for sure it was not like this before I dropped it off. Only thing that they should have done besides replacing my bumpers is wire splicing for my fog lights. Which required them to disconnect the battery. I'm not sure wars going in just need some input
comporange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Car has very bad throttle lag

Wats up guys, I just got my car back from the body shop earlier. I noticed my car has a very bad throttle lag like to the point I step on the gas and either it picks up very very very slow or it just doesn't pick up until after a few seconds. I know for sure it was not like this before I dropped it off. Only thing that they should have done besides replacing my bumpers is wire splicing for my fog lights. Which required them to disconnect the battery. I'm not sure wars going in just need some input
Old 03-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Does the check engine light come on?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Seafoam it
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
computer may have to re-learn some stuff since the batt. was disconnected. Should be fine in a day or so.....Unless they beat the sh@t outta it lol
Old 03-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddbradd View Post
computer may have to re-learn some stuff since the batt. was disconnected. Should be fine in a day or so.....Unless they beat the sh@t outta it lol

Lol right hopefully they didn't
Old 03-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerofdoom View Post
Seafoam it

Thanks man I'm look into sea foaming. It just dosen't make sense to it was perfectly find when I dropped it off the next day when I got it back the problem was there, I'm very confused

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
Does the check engine light come on?

NOPE!! No codes are being thrown
Old 03-17-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Could be plugs loose went to the front pushed a couple it stopped so I changed spark plugs and sea foamed it and changed plug wire haven't had a problem since
whiteshirt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Update: went to start the car an hour ago, car did not start didn't even click over. So I got a jump from my sister car and 20 mins into my drive my car automatically turns the volume of the radio down twice so I cut the radio off. Than I put my left signal on and slow down to make the turn the car acts like it wants to cut off, all the dash lights came on like when your turning the car on my gas and speedometer dropped to zero. Rite as I pull-up to work she goes dead in the parking lot. I give it a jump and start it up and cut it off and when I cut it back on it clicked but barley wanted to start... I need help on wat the issue could be thank you guys, btw I recently put a cobra bumper on with the fogs if u think that would make a difference. I didn't have fogs before
Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by comporange View Post
Update: went to start the car an hour ago, car did not start didn't even click over. So I got a jump from my sister car and 20 mins into my drive my car automatically turns the volume of the radio down twice so I cut the radio off. Than I put my left signal on and slow down to make the turn the car acts like it wants to cut off, all the dash lights came on like when your turning the car on my gas and speedometer dropped to zero. Rite as I pull-up to work she goes dead in the parking lot. I give it a jump and start it up and cut it off and when I cut it back on it clicked but barley wanted to start... I need help on wat the issue could be thank you guys, btw I recently put a cobra bumper on with the fogs if u think that would make a difference. I didn't have fogs before

Check the wiring, sounds like they shorted something and didn't want to have to fix it. Or they f-ed up your alternator.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
This is Easy

You have a bad cell in your battery You need to charge it up and have someone check for a bad cell.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks guys I'm taking her to pep boys tomorrow to get some test ran. The car is under warranty so if it's the alternator I will get a new 1 or just pay out right for a new battery but I hope that's it.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Took the car to get looked at and nothing but a mass air flow sensor was unplugged so that caused all the issues
Old 03-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Good

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Took the car to get looked at and nothing but a mass air flow sensor was unplugged so that caused all the issues
That will certainly do it! Even a dirty MAF can cause a car to run rough, let along a disconnected one. At point, your Mustang was just running on a half calibrated speed density map. As these cars use the MAF full time.

Anyways, glad you got it figured out! How did the work at the body shop turn out?

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
That will certainly do it! Even a dirty MAF can cause a car to run rough, let along a disconnected one. At point, your Mustang was just running on a half calibrated speed density map. As these cars use the MAF full time.

Anyways, glad you got it figured out! How did the work at the body shop turn out?

Shane

Lol yea it felt like it it was slow as ever lol. It turned out good here's a few pics
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395349446.629004.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	151279Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395349473.466664.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	722.7 KB
ID:	151280
I'll be ordering the matte blk mustang letters next week to go on the back bumper from AM
Old 03-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Lol yea it felt like it it was slow as ever lol. It turned out good here's a few pics
Attachment 151279Attachment 151280
I'll be ordering the matte blk mustang letters next week to go on the back bumper from AM
Good stuff! I agree, black letter inserts would be a nice touch to the rear bumper. I like all of the black accents throughout the car too. Red by itself just doesn't look as good or sinister.

Feel free to hit me up if you ever have questions about any of our AM products too. I'm here to help!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Good stuff! I agree, black letter inserts would be a nice touch to the rear bumper. I like all of the black accents throughout the car too. Red by itself just doesn't look as good or sinister.

Feel free to hit me up if you ever have questions about any of our AM products too. I'm here to help!

Thanks man, yea it would look rite at home on the bumper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang