Tuning? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Tuning?

Hey I just bought a SR CAI for my 01 V6 mustang, its an AT and I read that I can get it tuned for more power and torque, do I need to buy the tuner myself or could I take it somewhere to have it tuned? And if so where would I take it? Could I take it to a Ford dealer and have them do it, or would I have to take it too a custom shop that does motor work? And is it really worth doing it, will I even notice the difference? I know it would change the shift points but isnt shifting myself doing the same thing? I am also going to get an exuast system next so should I wait until then??

2001 3.8
SR CAI
JVC Head Unit, 1000 Watt Pioneer Amp, Two 10" Pioneer Subs.
SLiM2775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiM2775 View Post
Hey I just bought a SR CAI for my 01 V6 mustang, its an AT and I read that I can get it tuned for more power and torque, do I need to buy the tuner myself or could I take it somewhere to have it tuned? And if so where would I take it? Could I take it to a Ford dealer and have them do it, or would I have to take it too a custom shop that does motor work? And is it really worth doing it, will I even notice the difference? I know it would change the shift points but isnt shifting myself doing the same thing? I am also going to get an exuast system next so should I wait until then??

+1 to if you can get tunes at a shop or if you have to buy a tuner. I wanna know.

CAI's don't produce a lot of difference regardless, however

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Get a tuner from a company like BAMA or Steeda!.. Don't go to a shop for a car with just basic bolt Ons like yours!.. With BAMA you'll get free tunes for life, so when you get that exhaust set up all you have to do is tell them and they will hook you up with all new tunes for you!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
SLiM2775,

I think you'll be much better of with a Bama SF3 tuner and custom tunes for your application. There's really no need for a dyno tune if you're not running boost from a supercharger or turbo charger. The Bama Team will be able to dial your Mustang in perfectly with one of their custom tunes.

You will certainly see an increase of horsepower and torque across the power band. Plus the adjusted shifting parameters are far superior to shifting an automatic transmission by hand. You'll see the car will accelerate much quicker than before!

As someone already mentioned, when you purchase a Bama tuner from AM, you're automatically enrolled into the Free Tunes for Life program. This program provides you free tune updates for any future bolt-on mods your add to your Mustang down the road. You'll simply submit a new tuning info form with the latest mods/upgrades and the Bama Team will create new tunes for your application. The tunes will arrive via email, in which you'll upload to the tuner and then onto the cars PCM.

Hit me up if you have additional questions or concerns!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
SLiM2775,

I think you'll be much better of with a Bama SF3 tuner and custom tunes for your application. There's really no need for a dyno tune if you're not running boost from a supercharger or turbo charger. The Bama Team will be able to dial your Mustang in perfectly with one of their custom tunes.

You will certainly see an increase of horsepower and torque across the power band. Plus the adjusted shifting parameters are far superior to shifting an automatic transmission by hand. You'll see the car will accelerate much quicker than before!

As someone already mentioned, when you purchase a Bama tuner from AM, you're automatically enrolled into the Free Tunes for Life program. This program provides you free tune updates for any future bolt-on mods your add to your Mustang down the road. You'll simply submit a new tuning info form with the latest mods/upgrades and the Bama Team will create new tunes for your application. The tunes will arrive via email, in which you'll upload to the tuner and then onto the cars PCM.

Shane
Thanks Shane, I think I will get the Bama Tuner after I get the exhaust for my car. Is it easy to use?

2001 3.8
SR CAI
Old 03-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Thanks Shane, I think I will get the Bama Tuner after I get the exhaust for my car. Is it easy to use?

Very easy!.. It's plug and play, the tuner itself will tell you exactly what to do!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Extremely! Your first set of custom tunes will be loaded to the tuner before it ships out. Once you receive the tuner you'll be able to walk right out to your Mustang with the tuner and install one of your custom tunes within minutes. Here's a guide on how to install tunes to Mustang.

If down the road you add more mods to your Mustang and needed a new set of tunes. You can submit a tuning info form to the Bama Team at this link, which is located on our site. Once the info of your mods is submitted, the Bama Team will create new custom tunes for your exact application within 2-3 business days. They'll then email the new tunes to you directly.

Once you receive the new tunes. You can download them from your email to your tuner. Here's instructions on how to do this too!

Hit me up if you have any other questions or concerns!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
SLiM2775,

Shane
Holy hell I wish I heard of this a long time ago!

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sketchificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Will BAMA ever start tuning the 4.2's? or are there too many variables?
Mines just a stock 4.2 rebuildt with my 95 3.8 heads and stuff.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post

Probably not. I'd get a tuner from Ortiz, they do 4.2, contact David Seifert
sebasflorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasflorez View Post
Probably not. I'd get a tuner from Ortiz, they do 4.2, contact David Seifert
Ortiz dose amazing work and his tunes are spot on, and he gives you a really good deal. you can get him through fb or pm me and ill give you his number. but you still have to ge a handheld to install the tune, i belive ortiz can include that in the cost and ship you one but m not sure, David would know, he'll chime in soon. I already had my tuner. plus its tunes for life for as long as you have your mustang.
Polished heads, stock lower, 3.8 bottom end, Mac Pro Dumps, Mac O/R H-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xf3 (93 Ortizperformance tune), 03-04 Cobra tb, Lightning MAF, BBK CAI, Stage 2 water/meth kit, 310 LPH Fuel Pump, 39lbs blue top injectors, Mach 1 8.8 w/ 3.55's, steeda springs 1.5", Bilstien shocks/struts,Steeda Caster Camber Plates, M112 blower w/ 3.1 Pulley
h1ck55ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

This is all really good info! I plan on tuning after I throw all my mods on, so I'm glad to have all of these questions already answered for me

Old 03-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #13
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchificus View Post
Holy hell I wish I heard of this a long time ago!

Haha well if you have any questions you can always send me a PM. I'm here to help anyway I can!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
I don't believe Bama will ever start remote tuning the 4.2's because there's too many variables, as you mentioned. With inconsistencies, it's better to tune the car in person. Unlike a production engine/car like the OP has.

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Steeda also has tunes for life if you buy a tuner from them. The x4 just came out, not sure if it is compatible with 01 stangs, but I'd check it out.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Tuning?

Tuners are super easy.. Great gains and bama has excellent CS. I got my new tunes within like 12 hours lol not 2-3 days

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 stang View Post
Tuners are super easy.. Great gains and bama has excellent CS. I got my new tunes within like 12 hours lol not 2-3 days
Haha thanks for the support! Yes, Bama usually is able to provide new tunes within the first 24hrs of them being requested. We tell customers 2-3 business days, since there are a few days a year it can be pretty busy. However, most of the time they're quick and efficient!

Also, we will have the SF4/X4 SCT Bama tuner available in about a week or so. They're compatible with with all OBDII Mustangs, which is 96 to Present!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #17

Yea American Muscle is great, I got my CAI in two days, and the shipping was free, other web sites you have to pay to get your order that quick. Im hooked!

2001 3.8
SR CAI
Old 03-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be ordering a few pieces from American muscle myself. I definitely want some of those rear window louvers. I love the look they give a stang.

Old 03-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialMakkyZ View Post
I'll be ordering a few pieces from American muscle myself. I definitely want some of those rear window louvers. I love the look they give a stang.
I've got the rounded edge louvers for mine but have since taken the off because they will collect a bunch of leaves and the window will get dirty over time. But they do look good for sure

Sketchificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketchificus View Post
I've got the rounded edge louvers for mine but have since taken the off because they will collect a bunch of leaves and the window will get dirty over time. But they do look good for sure

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Just got a new rear bumper cover, got stuck in snow I told my uncle to be carful when towing me out instead he hit the gas the tow strap went through the bumper and tore it almost completely off I freaked out
whiteshirt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #22
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Yea American Muscle is great, I got my CAI in two days, and the shipping was free, other web sites you have to pay to get your order that quick. Im hooked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialMakkyZ View Post
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words, feedback, and support! We're truly lucky to have active and supportive customers like yourselves.

Please hit me up if you're ever in need of assistance!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang