Just Got Detailed- Amazed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Just Got Detailed- Amazed!

I posted this in another forum, but I had to share this with everyone here, too. My mind is just BLOWN!

A few years ago, I bought my 2004 V6 used from a dealer. Honestly the only reason I got it was that it was mispriced (online typo) and ended up being the cheapest car on the lot. I've had a few frustrating problems here and there and was getting frustrated and starting to hate the car...until I found out one of my friends owns a shop and is taking good care of me and the car. Anyway, there's a couple of areas where it looks like the paint is failing, so my wife bought me a gift card to a local place in VA to get a full detail done (I won't post the name of the place, because I'm not sure if I'm really allowed... message me if you want the name).

Even though we were supposed to get some more nasty weather this week, the car interior has really been feeling disgusting, no matter how well I clean it, so I decided to go ahead and get the detail done. This place was amazing! They got the paint buffed out so it looks really good again (still a couple of trouble spots, but it's a lot better). Here's where my true amazement came in that I really needed to share- the interior is incredible!! Just a couple of things that I found out about my 'stang after this cleaning:

- The carpet is actually a dark gray. I never knew this. Ever since I got the car, it has appeared to be a lighter gray.

- The seat belt light dings if you don't fasten it. This has never happened since I've had the car. I've HEARD that it did that, but mine never did. Apparently they cleaned something so good that they fixed something I didn't know was broken.

- The most mind-blowing thing is that there is this clean, fresh-smelling air coming out of the vents when I turn on the heat or A/C. Does anyone know how this has happened? I'd like to keep it smelling fresh and clean in there instead of exhaust-y.

Needless to say, I'm starting to like the car again.
vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Nothing like a good detail to make you love the car again. Post up some pictures!
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I need to take some of the interior, even though I just put some seat covers back on it (some of the fabric is wearing out on the seats). It took about 6 hours for the full detail too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustangdetail1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	150913   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustangdetail2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	150914  

Name:	mustangdetail3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	150915  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395142478.185499.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	827.0 KB
ID:	151010Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395142496.704296.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	782.0 KB
ID:	151011Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395142520.909390.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	856.0 KB
ID:	151012
These are a few of the interior I took this morning right before I went to work (while its still clean and no sand or salt from this crappy snow we got)
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Looking great.
Awest31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang