lowering springs on 04 V6 convertible - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Region: Colorado
lowering springs on 04 V6 convertible

Looking to mod my '04 V6 pony, 40th anniversary, convertible. She is pretty much stock right now (K&N cold air intake and catback duel exhaust are the only mods right now). I notice when I hit a bump in the road or a small dip, my car will bottom out or scrape (as was the case prior to the exhaust mod as well as after). My fear is that this will only be worse with the lowering springs. Anyone else have an issue with the undercarriage of the stock car scraping/bottoming? What did you do to rectify this issue? Suggestions welcome...

cmaryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I don't think there is a solution for this issue, you have to deal with the outcomes of lowering the car or keep it stock, mine is stock and still scrape in my driveway, I bought the springs but I didn't installed them, I prefer to keep the stock springs than risk damaging the car.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #3

Damn. Thanks for the input. I was afraid that was going to be the response... I want to get rid of the "I'm on a boat" feel driving down the highway (especially during higher winds) and according to American Muscle, adding the springs with a few other components rids the car of this feel completely. Guess I have some decisions to make... Thank you!
cmaryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaryx View Post
Damn. Thanks for the input. I was afraid that was going to be the response... I want to get rid of the "I'm on a boat" feel driving down the highway (especially during higher winds) and according to American Muscle, adding the springs with a few other components rids the car of this feel completely. Guess I have some decisions to make... Thank you!

Simple answer is avoid high driveways and speed bumps. It's learning to drive a new car basically but def a better look and feel in handling
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Learn how to avoid major bumps and how to slow down for speed bumps. My car is lowered 2.5" front and 2" rear and the only scraping issues I have are speed bumps if I don't take them right, and my driveway. But I just scrape the chin spoiler slightly on the droveway. My exhaust rarely scrapes unless there's a sharp speed bump that I can't take at a good angle.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang