SLP loudmouth questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
SLP loudmouth questions

So I'm wanting to install some SLP loudmouth pro chambers on my sixxer which are basically straight pipes. I've got duel exhaust they go straight from the headers individually and don't join together.

Ive also got the basic stuff like CAI and other small stuff done to my stang.

I'm wanting to get the most aggressive sound I can so I've got a few questions!

(Sorry if these are obvious questions!)
I like in a county with em missions testing in NC and I'm wondering if my stang will pass if I put on the pro chambers? They don't do a visual test here.

How much would it cost to get they installed? I can't weld or I'd do it myself .

Would these be the best option for my stang?

I think that's all if I think of anything else ill edit the post. Thanks in advance y'all! Really excited about getting them and making my stang sound mean!
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
It's easy to say that a good exhaust shop will install them for less than $100. I have a similar setup, except my pipes are X. I am conflicted between Flowmaster Super 44s or just some Cherrybomb glasspacks for mine. Haven't heard the glasspacks, but a friend referred them to me and they've caught my interest.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just a heads up, you'll probably have to take the car to a performance shop. Most regular exhaust shops won't touch the car if you want them to remove the cats. They're just covering their own behinds from the $25,000 epa fine.
You can pass through emissions if all they do is the obd2 plug test. You'll just need a set of MIL eliminators.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah my friend has a glass pack on his 99 dodge Dakota with a cam and it's a v8. When he cranks it up you can feel the rumble in your Chest it's so deep and loud.

But the best thing is to listen to the difference on YouTube with the bass all the way up lol

Yeah my buddy works at a mechanics shop and I'm seeing if I can get a quote from him. 100 sounds reasonable and I might just go with putting clamps on instead of welding it just in case I dot pass emissions and can just clamps my old muffler on and get it tested then swap them out.

But I have heard that the mufflers don't mess with your emissions and it'll be fine but I need someone to confirm this lol
Old 04-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Is it just a catback? Or are you deleting the cats? If it's just a simple catback, the mufflers aren't going to have an effect on the emissions, only the sound. If you delete the cats, it will fail emissions. You can use o2 non foulers or mil eliminators and you'll be able to pass the test.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #6

What part of NC? Im from the 828!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
southernmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #7

I have the slp loudmouth 1s and they sound pretty awesome, with all 4 cats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Just put the car on a trailer and take it to an exhaust shop. Tell them it's a project car. Then they'll take the cats off. That is, if you want them off.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Well I didn't plan on taking the cats off but if I change to Jackson county in NC where I go to college at then I can take them off and not worry about emissions. I might just take off the mufflers and put the loudmouths on. Then if I want even louder exhaust I'll take the cats off.

Would I replace the cats with slp loudmouths too?

I go to college at WCU near Asheville they have 828 area codes. I'm like 45 minutes from Asheville but I'm from Lexington. I'm at school more often than home tho!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #10

I live in hickory nc!!! Im not to far from you!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh okay I pass hickory when I head back to lexington!

I just got a quote from my friend he said they could install and weld the slp for 60 and if I wanted to change to Jackson county and remove the cats and just put regular exhaust tubing it wouldn't be anymore than 150. I'll try to get em down to 120 since it's doing the exact same install pretty much.

If I could weld I'd do it all myself :/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang