More tales from the stealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
More tales from the stealership

Just over a year ago I found out my friend owns a repair shop, so I go to him now. So much stuff is being found that the stealership where I was getting repairs done was trying to screw me worse than I thought I was getting. I believe I posted before about how they were saying that I had a hole somewhere in my exhaust system, but they would have to replace the entire thing for about $3000. (That would be a "no"... Got it welded for free thanks)

So anyway, here's the newest things that were found...and it goes back to a year and a half ago when I had a tune up done around 100,000 miles. I bought MSD wires for them to put on when they changed my spark plugs. Well the other night I went to go to the gym and my car had no acceleration and was extremely jumpy. I took it to my friend's shop and they found that the MSD wires were put on wrong and laid across the engine block, which ended up melting them (lucky there was no fire). A couple of the spark plugs weren't even close to the required spec and were completely fried. Two other spark plugs were only hand-tightened so they werent even fully in properly.... And then i needed to replace my coil pack because of all of it.

SOOO frustrating!!! And that was another $800 that I really didnt have to spend (i know that sounds a bit expensive but the shop specializes in Mercedes...would rather pay a bit more to someone i trust).
vadersaysno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #2

Seriously your wires were guaranteed for one year. So why would you not take it back to the dealer and have them do warranty work on it? Sounds like your friend made 800 bucks on you.
thomasj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The dealer installed them- being aftermarket, the dealer won't guarantee them. It's been over a year either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
and to think that said dealership works on thousands of cars a year. how many people can one screw over before someone lays down a serious lawsuit?
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #5

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the dealer.. I trust my dealership, they have always backed the work they have done. I am sure there are bad ones out there. Good that you have a friend that will take care of you..
thomasj61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I was at my dealer last night picking up oil filters.....I made it a point to say I liked them and the fact they did everything they promised w/o me making them. Hammonasset Ford in Madison CT. There are decent ones out there I hope you have better luck with the next ones. I will say if they mad a mistake that damaged my wires I would expect them to fix it.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

This same dealership, I took the car in for something and when I got it back the horn didnt work. So i had to buy a new horn but they "covered the labor since it had just been in there. Every time I got it out for a repair, it seemed like it had to go back in shortly after for something else. I do feel fortunate to find out about my friend's shop. Bonus- if I need to leave it overnight, he gives me a car to use til I get it back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang