Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Eaton m112 supercharger on 3.8 v6 mustang

Tags
v6 mustang
27K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  PARDO0803 
#1 ·
How hard of a swap is this? I found some cheap m112 superchargers around my area and was wondering what kinds of extra parts and work it would need to get it on my 2004 v6.

#2 · (Edited)
Its pretty easy to do. Finding the intake adaptor plate is hard unless you want to pay $1600 to SSMS. Lil Roushs adapter plate is smaller and better. Orzit is talking about making his old plate again for a more reasonable price. David has not been on here lately and I have not herd any thing about production latley. I know where you can get the complete M112 kit with a meth kit for $1850 obo.

You will have 2 options since you do not have forged internals. Run a udp and get 6-7 pounds of boost or no udp and NEVER go past 11 pounds of boost. Here is everything you need:
Eaton M112
Adapter plate
39# injectors
90mm Lightning MAF
CAI for a 03/04 Cobra
255 or 310lph fuel pump
IAT sensor and pigtail
NGK TR6 plugs
Idler pulley and mounting hardware
Serpentine Belt
Gauges (wideband AFR, Boost)
01-04 throttle cable
RTV gasket maker
Supercharger oil
Gaskets
Socket set and ratchet
Wrench set
Tap and die set
Drill and assorted bits
Assorted pliers
Wire crimper
Extra wire, vaccum hoses, wire loomm etc
Assorted nuts, bolts and washers

Part numbers:
Supercharger oil - Xl-4 - Ford
IAT sensor - 9C1Z-12A697-B - Ford
IAT pigtail - 3U2Z-14S411-JZA - Ford
TB gasket - F7LZ-9E936-AA - Ford
Plenum gasket - 9L437 - Ford
M112 gasket - 9H486 - Ford

#3 ·
Great info. Thanks for explaining it so well. I will think about it in the near future. M112 superchargers are good deals compared to other brand name chargers. My engine has about 100K flat on it and runs flawlessly. Do you think a supercharger on a 100,000 mile engine would pose any problems? I'll never run high boost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.