Front left side wheel noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Front left side wheel noise

So I have had this Mustang for about 2 weeks now and I have noticed the front left wheel making some weird noise, it also over heats, what I mean is the rim gets hot because something must be rubbing on it. I think that it is the brake pads that they are to close and rubbing on the wheel or bearing (i think its called that). So my main question has anyone ever had this problem or know what else it could be? Ive asked 2 different people in life and they told me that its these pads that are to close.
Is this hard to fix by yourself?
Should I try to just replace my brake pads? If so how would I do that? I know how to take off the wheel and most likely take of the pads, but I got no idea of how to place them back in.

Thank you for replying, I will try to get back as soon as possible to each comment!

Thanks
Ben Chepikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Hey the rotor over heating would be because your pads are rubbing when your not pressing the brake but that's not because of your pads it's because of your caliper. I would suggest getting a rebuild kit it will replace the worn out caliper bolts and other hardware which will allow the caliper to float back away from the rotor when your off the brake peddle. Now if this doesn't fix the problem your caliper may be seized and you need a new one. The reason I suggest the rebuild kit first is because it's a cheaper fix and a lot easier to do then replacing the caliper. You don't want to do an expensive fix only to find out later it was something cheaper. Hope this helps!
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So I should try a rebuild caliper kit? How would I be replacing it? As in should I do it only on the wheel or both front?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

For now I'd say just focus on that wheel. If it fixes it then take a look at the other wheel if it looks bad then do that one too. Idk if you can buy one side at a time the lot might have both sides in it just because when you do brakes you always do both sides at the same time.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So should I try this? http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1262&ppt=C0066

Or if not could u suggest one? I've been super busy and couldn't reply or find any good ones! Is this the correct thug your talking about?
Old 05-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I couldn't see it. But it should have some brackets and bolts and stuff for the brakes
Old 05-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Name:   ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1400887126.042621.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  44.9 KB

Is this it? Or is there more to it?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah looks like it
Old 05-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Could it be the bearing of the wheel? Or the caliber? Which one sounds more like it? The wheel heats up and it makes this thump/squeaking noise and when is press the brake easily it pulls the car to the left! Plz help out! Thanks for your answers so far! And one more question, if I buy let's say the caliber rebuild and it still makes noise am I able to return this item to either auto zone or orieallys?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang