Anyone have a better interior? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKreatedDude View Post
Attachment 157978

im so confused!! where does this go??

pull a fuse and twist the wires to the prongs of the fuse then plug it back in... based on what fuse you choose that's how to turn your neons on
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #37
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
not mine... but I could live with this
Rollin in My 5.0 - Vanilla Ice Music Video (1991) - YouTube
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Scottydsntknow is a hater. Or an old person. Lolol

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
IWstangboy03v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

He is right about the wiring though. It's not hard to do and gives it a more professional feel

Old 05-29-2014, 01:16 AM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
"Better" interior is opinion based. But I like my new interior
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401344170.692591.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	736.0 KB
ID:	158066

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401344183.492946.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	657.3 KB
ID:	158067

Work in progress with the seat delete, but it's a nice weight reduction.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWstangboy03v6 View Post
Scottydsntknow is a hater. Or an old person. Lolol

My first fox back in the early 2000s had blue footwell LEDs and I was going to put an underglow kit on it. Then my testicles finally dropped (late bloomer) and I sold it and got a nicer fox and did tasteful bolt ons.

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:22 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
"Better" interior is opinion based. But I like my new interior
Attachment 158066
Attachment 158067

Work in progress with the seat delete, but it's a nice weight reduction.
Yours is one of the nicest ones on here as well. Nothing beats a clean stock setup and that is fact. Paint/billet/logos/lights/whatever all exists to distract from an inability to keep an interior looking factory new or restore it to such IMO.

Interior parts for the SN95 are cheap, plentiful, the whole interior can be removed in a matter of a few hours, and if one can't find or afford the premium on black parts then SEM makes a perfect match interior spray (NOT the one for sale on LRS btw) to match the gray or peanut butter pieces to the only proper color for the 94-98 cars. I'm aboot to do a 2001 console for my 98 actually. Hooray for functioning cupholders in my near future!

One can also match the Charcoal for the 99-04 cars or just swap in an older true black 94-98 interior if one was feeling froggy enough.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yours is one of the nicest ones on here as well. Nothing beats a clean stock setup and that is fact. Paint/billet/logos/lights/whatever all exists to distract from an inability to keep an interior looking factory new or restore it to such IMO.

Interior parts for the SN95 are cheap, plentiful, the whole interior can be removed in a matter of a few hours, and if one can't find or afford the premium on black parts then SEM makes a perfect match interior spray (NOT the one for sale on LRS btw) to match the gray or peanut butter pieces to the only proper color for the 94-98 cars. I'm aboot to do a 2001 console for my 98 actually. Hooray for functioning cupholders in my near future!

One can also match the Charcoal for the 99-04 cars or just swap in an older true black 94-98 interior if one was feeling froggy enough.

Im not sure if you understand this or not, but our car interiors are a piece of garbage compared to other cars of our time and present day....leaving them stock and just simply cleaning them up isnt enough, at least not to me. I have always hated my boring grey interior. It was so bland and tasteless. Painting the parts red and and putting in the LEDs was the best thing to do. Then I got an expensive touch screen stereo to seal the deal and advance my interior into the modern times. You might have some different opinions but really, leaving the interior the way it is from the factory is not an option for anyone.
mazen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

With all that said, of course it is up to someone to make their interior the way they want. You shouldn't bash someone for having different taste. I have one of the funnest looking interiors on these cars and I get compliments about it all the time. My interior started as the weakest part of my car and turned into one of the strongest.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #45
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've always said if you like what YOU have its YOUR car as long as it isn't dangerous to anyone else. I'm just stating my own personal $.02 here which is honestly worth absolutely nothing from some random guy on the interwebs but when you post in a forum... random ppl on the interwebs might have differing views.

I'm not advocating leaving the stock stereo system in place or anything like that either, THAT needs updated and yes, our interior is a Fisher Price interior, I am painfully aware of this fact. However with new upholstery, new carpet a new stereo and some elbow grease to clean it all up it is a quite serviceable interior and actually better than some of the crazy spaceship looking ones out currently. At least I think so. Sometimes less is more.

With that said, my opinion is that a stealth black interior is easily the best. If yours is different so be it. However, I would highly recommend you get a new set of seats at least. You can get a number of aftermarket ones that would have red inserts to match.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've always said if you like what YOU have its YOUR car, I'm just stating my own personal $.02 here which is worth absolutely nothing from some random guy on the interwebs.

I'm not advocating leaving the stock stereo system in place or anything like that either, THAT needs updated and yes, our interior is a Fisher Price interior. With that said, my opinion is that a stealth black interior is easily the best. If yours is different so be it. However, I would highly recommend you get a new set of seats at least. You can get a number of aftermarket ones that would have red inserts to match.

I wish I had a black interior. Charcoal grey is just odd. But close enough to black i guess....i would get new seats but honestly the seat covers I have are out of this world. I recommend them to anyone with cloth seats on our cars. They fit so well its mind blowing. I literally feel like they are a seat. People are surprised all the time in my car that they're seat covers. Theyre called seat gloves from american muscle, and they are made for our cars
Old 05-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

the interiors on these cars makes me feel like I have a chevy cavalier or another crappy cheap throw away car!.. I personally don't care for your neons or seat covers.. However I agree the interiors should be gutted and re thought.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the interiors on these cars makes me feel like I have a chevy cavalier or another crappy cheap throw away car!.. I personally don't care for your neons or seat covers.. However I agree the interiors should be gutted and re thought.

Yeah, the only plus of them is how easy the parts are to take out. Ford is basically telling you to paint them and customize your interior
Old 05-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

02 cobra rhd
I don't know if I have the coordination for this lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0064.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	1,009.0 KB
ID:	158252  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:06 PM   #50
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh, ppl who grow up there think the same thing about LHD cars. The "2002" Cobras were just a batch of 100 or so leftover 2001s converted to RHD and a godawful front fascia.

Silly Aussies.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Eh, ppl who grow up there think the same thing about LHD cars. The "2002" Cobras were just a batch of 100 or so leftover 2001s converted to RHD and a godawful front fascia.

Silly Aussies.
take a look at the light control knob?
mine sure isn't like that lol wonder if they have any other small changes or not
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9934_1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	158291  
Old 06-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
my car has the carbon fiber kit and cobra seats. Whenever anybody looks inside my car they already know what type of driver i am.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
my car has the carbon fiber kit and cobra seats. Whenever anybody looks inside my car they already know what type of driver i am.

what kind of driver do they think you are in your v6
Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazen123 View Post
Im not sure if you understand this or not, but our car interiors are a piece of garbage compared to other cars of our time and present day....leaving them stock and just simply cleaning them up isnt enough, at least not to me. I have always hated my boring grey interior. It was so bland and tasteless. Painting the parts red and and putting in the LEDs was the best thing to do. Then I got an expensive touch screen stereo to seal the deal and advance my interior into the modern times. You might have some different opinions but really, leaving the interior the way it is from the factory is not an option for anyone.
That's your opinion, I think 94 to 04 interiors are nice to look at. I have had friends, and multiple people at car shows comment on how much they like the layout and desingh of our interiors. Now if you have a base gt form that era with cloth seats that's a diffrent story. It wouldent be fair for me to say I don't like what you did with your interior and don't understand why anyone would molest a mint sn-95 or new edge interior. But deep down I really don't like what you did to your interior, like the seat covers and led's. That's just my opinion, and it shouldn't bend you out of shape because its what you like, not me. And long as you the owner likes it, well that's all that should matter.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #55
Staff
Regular
Staff

I've said it before and I'll say it again. While the SN95/Edge interior is a lot of cheap plastic and is very Spartan. It is VERY functional and durable. I don't know how many other "nicer" vehicles I've sat in where the dash is warping or the pad is cracking or something is sagging or whatever. This really doesn't happen with our interiors and what does break is usually available still from LRS or you can find a good one in a parts car. My interior is almost totally out of a V6 parts car with 200k on the clock if that says anything about the durability of these interiors.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. While the SN95/Edge interior is a lot of cheap plastic and is very Spartan. It is VERY functional and durable. I don't know how many other "nicer" vehicles I've sat in where the dash is warping or the pad is cracking or something is sagging or whatever. This really doesn't happen with our interiors and what does break is usually available still from LRS or you can find a good one in a parts car. My interior is almost totally out of a V6 parts car with 200k on the clock if that says anything about the durability of these interiors.
Your interior is perfect, I have never seen such a clean interior but then again yours is all brand new. The fact Ford kep it pretty much the same for 10 years shows how good it is.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401724443.391713.jpg
Views:	1676
Size:	543.8 KB
ID:	158395

While this thread was going on and on and on, I installed a new gauge cluster. Guess what color? Red the last thing I'm adding is a shift boot with a the billet chrome shifter from american muscle hopefully soon. Then it is finished I'm sorry for molesting my interior, but it just looks too good
Old 06-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 158395

While this thread was going on and on and on, I installed a new gauge cluster. Guess what color? Red the last thing I'm adding is a shift boot with a the billet chrome shifter from american muscle hopefully soon. Then it is finished I'm sorry for molesting my interior, but it just looks too good
Hey, if it's what you like then go for it.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 158395

Hey dood, Looks great!... If I was in High school again I would rock that interior!.. Don't mind some of these guys on here!.. They are most likely older and don't see things the same way as you. I assume your still in your fast and the furious boy racer faze that we all go threw hah.. To me I would rather see you doing this then rocking a big spoiler and body kit! .. Like I said, looks great for a "kids car"
not boring stock... However in time you will look at it the way most of us do and think, simple is clean and clean is nice.. To me modding is a great way to enjoy your car, just make sure the mods are always to the quality of something you could picture seeing on or in a car in the show room.
Mustangs came with FULL red interior.. so your RED interior is okay in my books. Just not for in MY car.
Keep up the good work.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #60
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Hey dood, Looks great!... If I was in High school again I would rock that interior!.. Don't mind some of these guys on here!.. They are most likely older and don't see things the same way as you. I assume your still in your fast and the furious boy racer faze that we all go threw hah.. To me I would rather see you doing this then rocking a big spoiler and body kit! .. Like I said, looks great for a "kids car"
not boring stock... However in time you will look at it the way most of us do and think, simple is clean and clean is nice.. To me modding is a great way to enjoy your car, just make sure the mods are always to the quality of something you could picture seeing on or in a car in the show room.
Mustangs came with FULL red interior.. so your RED interior is okay in my books. Just not for in MY car.
Keep up the good work.
No, they came with a two tone red/black. Every single 94-98 ever produced has at least the top portion of the car all black and then the bottom is grey/peanut butter/red or the whole interior is black.

Honestly a well done red/black two tone interior is really nice if you install black carpet and black seats and I've seen like two cars ever with it done nicely.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Dood you such a hater.. I haven't seen you post in one thread where your not
hating, giving fatherly advice, belittling, or discouraging someone.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff

There is a difference between correcting and belittling. I simply posted that every 94-98 had a black top half and its rare you see a red one at all much less one that is still clean. I have also said numerous times in this thread that if he likes it, more power to him and don't let him let anyone tell him otherwise.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I rented a 2013 Mustang and the rental agency had installed those same goddamn ricer LED lights in the footwells. And the cup holders. And the door handles. You could even change what color they were along with the gauge cluster, how gay is that? Freaking ricers.

/sarcasm
Looks good!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

2004 GT - Bama SCT Tuner - Pypes catted X-Pipe - Pypes Violator Catback
- Comp XE270AH - DIY Sequential Turn Signals in the works!
ltdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I replaced the CD player in my car with the lmr 3 gauge pod and jegs gauges and it looks awesome. Had the perfect chance to take a pic of my interior today but my phone died.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Old 06-03-2014, 01:49 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Dood you such a hater.. I haven't seen you post in one thread where your not
hating, giving fatherly advice, belittling, or discouraging someone.
I'll explain to you why Scotty is the way he is. One day I was watching a fly by night car restoration tv show and they decided to bash on forums. Twitter and Vine blew up. Some people were mad and others were saying I know a stupid forum. Don't go to ____________. And a bunch of forums reputations were smashed. Most of them deserved it.

Sometimes I make mistakes, do not know, or do not elaborate in depth. HECK 1 out of 100 people actually do what they wanted to learn how to do. But you are right we are here to have a good time. But, expect Scotty to give us a free education.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
9/10 times when Scotty talks to me I listen. He's not really an xxxxxxx. He's all over my rebuild thread And I appreciate his input. He's very knowledgable and good for tips and tricks of building.

And I agree with him. If I saw that lit up red interior I would probably not be too excited about it. I hope you at least turn it off when driving.. That's dangerous.

As for your painted interior.. You painted a lot more than I would but I think it's pretty cool. I had my interior painted yellow when the car was yellow. I dig it.

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

I am kind of an *** I will admit and I will try to be less... belittling. But it seems every time I try I am told I don't know wtf I am talking about or my way is wrong because XYZ or someone with 2 months working on these cars knows better than I do and "wants to do it right the first time". Maybe I should just stop trying and not comment when someone spends $500 for pads/rotors? (example).

I do understand that I am some random interwebs user and I do not have the most experience in the world with modulars or really much at all with the S197. However, I do have a ton of experience with the fox4 chassis and the 5.0 pushrod and I try to impart what I know. Like when someone says "Mustangs came with a full red interior" I feel the need to correct that since no 94-04 came with a full anything interior except the black ones but whatevs.

I will end with saying that the OP, or anyone else who needs any help with a SN95 interior, let me know. I've had them gutted/put back together enough times where I know where most things are off the top of my head and if not I can probably link to a thread on here or another forum that is a walkthrough. Also I do hope the OP properly prepped the pieces before painting with multiple AJAX scrubdowns, rubbing alcohol, 3M vinyl cleaner/prep and an adhesion promotor before laying down multiple coats. If not, there could be peeling or flaking issues.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #69
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
These forums are to share ideas, share experiences, and share how too's. Take it for what it is. If you don't agree with any posts pertaining to one of these, post your thoughts, and move on.

However, there is no need to call names, or insult ones opinion. Glad to see that's not happening here!
Old 06-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am kind of an *** I will admit and I will try to be less... belittling. But it seems every time I try I am told I don't know wtf I am talking about or my way is wrong because XYZ or someone with 2 months working on these cars knows better than I do and "wants to do it right the first time". Maybe I should just stop trying and not comment when someone spends $500 for pads/rotors? (example).

I do understand that I am some random interwebs user and I do not have the most experience in the world with modulars or really much at all with the S197. However, I do have a ton of experience with the fox4 chassis and the 5.0 pushrod and I try to impart what I know. Like when someone says "Mustangs came with a full red interior" I feel the need to correct that since no 94-04 came with a full anything interior except the black ones but whatevs.

I will end with saying that the OP, or anyone else who needs any help with a SN95 interior, let me know. I've had them gutted/put back together enough times where I know where most things are off the top of my head and if not I can probably link to a thread on here or another forum that is a walkthrough. Also I do hope the OP properly prepped the pieces before painting with multiple AJAX scrubdowns, rubbing alcohol, 3M vinyl cleaner/prep and an adhesion promotor before laying down multiple coats. If not, there could be peeling or flaking issues.
Lol am I the example with the pads and rotors?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang