M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 PM   #36
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

you are right, ill see if i can have one emailed to me im not one who ever said to post a dyno sheet, i just took your word for it, but then find out that the numbers are reached using other variables like nitrous which is totally believable...

but nobody else has a problem talking about other peoples rides.

im actually giving up on this topic until:
1) somebody shows me legit proof that it has happend with a full list of mods not holding any info back
2) i do the comparison myself to show actual results
3) i ever get beat by a eaton v6

i would like to also know some track times of these eaton v6 cars.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
ok guys, my point is how much of that weight is the blower and intercooler?? the cobra has that already calculated in the curb weight, we are talking about a stock cobra, i said weigh an 01 to see what it weighs without a blower on it then calculat a little in to compensate for the aluminum block. v6s cant touch my car when im not on spray, and it is extremely untuned right now and running off of a gt computer.it is pretty much a stock o4 cobra with exhaust. my point is they spend alot of the power made by the eaton to just catch up to the an N/A cobra.and a 4.3 isnt considered stock, i know a guy with a 5.0 stroker cobra motor with cams, and portwork on stock parts making 530rwhp natrally aspirated.he is in fact the persowho cuts custom blower cams in our area.
like i said, im hoping ryan will work with me to do some testing to see some true results coming off of the same dyno so there is no percent error.

btw, my stock 2v mod motar destroyed several bolt-on 5.0s when i first got it, just sucks that its so innefficient
No... the V6 can't run the intercooler. Remember? So what is the weight of the blower? 20 lbs maybe? So instead of taking a 01 Cobra and trying to compare it to an 03-04... how about we just add the weight of the blower to the weight of the V6?

Is it really that hard?
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

some people are arrogant and assume no v6 can ever take down their big bad v8s lol... ive got news for you... there are plenty of very fast v6s out there (not the norm no doubt but they do exist) so don't talk down about one just because its missing two cylinders to make yourself feel better. That is unless you run faster than 9's in the quarter (I don't mean that you know someone that does I mean YOU do)

No one commented on my post, there is over a 500lb difference in a 99-04 manual v6 mustang to an 03/04 cobra.

I assume most think 99-04 v6s run 17s stock and make 150hp lol.... they actually can run low 15s 100% stock (with horrible tires)

To me it doesn't matter what it is, as long as the owner isn't full of BS. I think there are some holes in the original posters information but overall I think its a nice idea to put the blower on the v6~ just wish it fit cleaner and didn't require a hood and had an intercooler setup but all things in time~ they are just getting started an the v6 has a decent aftermarket that's been built up over the past few years ... but remember they still make the numbers posted with just OEM parts that are ported/polished etc... no aftermarket or better heads out there....

Ive owned 2 v6s and during that 7 year run... I got so much **** for simply having a v6... its not even funny.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
No one commented on my post, there is over a 500lb difference in a 99-04 manual v6 mustang to an 03/04 cobra.

No, no one commented because your post was irrelavant. Like Jarrod said twice, weigh an 01 cobra....your car already has the blower and such on it. The eaton weighs about 40ish pounds or so on its own. So, you take a V6 and an 01 cobra and compare the weights...since both would be getting an eaton installed on them. That would give you a much better example of weight difference.

And, I'm not quite sure where the weight concept comes in. Who cares. The debate is over power, not time slips. Hell, a 300 hp car can outrun a 600 hp car. The debate is over how is it possible for a 3.8 (even if it is bored/stroked out to 4.3) to make more power than an 03/04 cobra can when the air charge is going to be a ton hotter with less displacement and with the same amount of air. Keep in mind people, 20 psi on a V6 is going to be about the same amount of air as 15-16 psi on a cobra....the eaton only moves a set amount of air per revolution...so if the V6 is getting 20 psi out of 17000 rpms of the blower, the cobra is getting 16 psi out of the same amount of revolutions. So just because you are running more boost does not mean you will be making more power as you will just be pushing the same amount of air as the cobra is at the same blower RPM. So, we are expected to believe a smaller displacement motor which has to work a lot harder because it is pushing more pounds of boost which just eats up horse power is making more power than a cobra can with hotter air.

Like was said, until someone can come in with eaton numbers WITHOUT THE "COOLING EFFECTS" OF NITROUS....then this thread is still nothing more than mere myth. Math doesn't make actual numbers. Math is just fuzzy logic used to twist facts into a "believable" story.

And there are many cars out there cooler than the fox. The fox is one of the best choices since the 70s, but the 60s and ealry 70s mustangs, even the coupes, are light years ahead of the fox.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
LilRoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

If you go re-read my post.... I WAS NOT using N20 at the point when the head stud stretched. It was all on boost. I only had the NX set up on there for use at the dyno which didn't happen due to the head issue.


Comparing psi to psi isn't going to be 100% effective either.... it needs to be measured in CFM. A 10 psi Eaton set up on a stock V6 car wouldn't make 6 psi on mine due to how much the modified lower intake, heads, cam and exhaust allow air to move more freely.

I concede the 600+ number is motor on paper.

However, the idea of this thread was to show what people are making power with the blower. Along with that, they're not seeing all the negative things that so many owners (V6 and V8) jumped and whined about. We aren't seeing issues with the heat soak like people said we would. We aren't seeing belt slip like people said we would. We are seeing great numbers for a simple and cheap install than can be done in an afternoon with hand tools and a tune. We are seeing better gains than similar set ups from Vortech, Pro Charger and Powerdyne. The first group of V6 cars are seeing power number similar to entry level boosted V8 numbers. I don't think there is much room to complain about a $2800 set up that will double your numbers at the wheels.

For all the intercooler talk - yeah I do see where you're coming from. But I was also told that it wouldn't work even with lower boost levels without it - and yet it works just fine. I guess one question would be has anyone ever run the 03/04 Cobra WITHOUT the IC? Or is it just because you can keep upgrading for more power results that everyone assumes you need it? There are plenty of blower options from all sorts of companies that offer non intercooled set ups.
__________________
~Matt
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #41
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
some people are arrogant and assume no v6 can ever take down their big bad v8s lol... ive got news for you... there are plenty of very fast v6s out there (not the norm no doubt but they do exist) so don't talk down about one just because its missing two cylinders to make yourself feel better. That is unless you run faster than 9's in the quarter (I don't mean that you know someone that does I mean YOU do)
2:are you serious...fast v6s exist, but dont tell me about somebody elses cobra that runs 9s???? if that is the case then dont use the v6s that do exist in your argument.

second,dont tell me that im arrogant about thinking a v6 will never out run my car because i know they exist, im saying i want a ported eaton v6 to outrun our ported eaton cobra and ill shut up,and that i have yet to have a v6 out run my car even natrally aspirated, not that it cannot happen but it just hasnt yet.

and we have ran our 04 cobra motor without an intercooler because a hose busted on the way to the track and we didnt know til after we ran it, we lost something like 5 tenths and 8 mph or something but it was a very noticable power loss.


last thing, im tired of arguing about it, im working on doing a v6 build and do a real comparison to what our cobra did with a factory eaton with hp numbers,and time slips to back it up. im tired of arguing iver"i think......" or "He did......... " everybody has thier beliefes and none of them have hard evidence behind them, if i do in fact find that a v6 makes more power than a cobra stock for stock with an eaton, i guarantee you that i will take my forged cobra motor out of my car and trade it for the first forged v6 i come across...
but im not arguing over it anymore, i was asking about the headstuds for factual information for future builds. other than that i know v6s acan make power just as anything can when you throw money at it, i have friends with 400hp hondas, i know everything makes power, im just skeptical of the details im hearing because there are so many variations of the story,

somebody please give me a link to somebody with a bone stock v6 and a bone stock eaton on top of it...with no other mods.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
somebody please give me a link to somebody with a bone stock v6 and a bone stock eaton on top of it...with no other mods.
I could, but I won't because that's not what we are talking about.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
No, no one commented because your post was irrelavant. Like Jarrod said twice, weigh an 01 cobra....your car already has the blower and such on it. The eaton weighs about 40ish pounds or so on its own. So, you take a V6 and an 01 cobra and compare the weights...since both would be getting an eaton installed on them. That would give you a much better example of weight difference.
ORRRRRRRR............ Take the weight of a V6 and add 40 ****ing pounds. Which is way less than the weight of an 03/04 Cobra or an 01 Cobra. Damn... Why the hell would an 01 Cobra even come into the equation when comparing the weights of a 03/04 Cobra and a 99-04 V6 with an Eaton. What can an 01 Cobra possibly have to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
And, I'm not quite sure where the weight concept comes in. Who cares. The debate is over power, not time slips. Hell, a 300 hp car can outrun a 600 hp car.
The real question here should be why was it ever about dyno numbers to begin with instead of time slips. Dyno numbers are nothing more than a way to baseline modifications to a car. Oh yeah, and to brag about on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
The debate is over how is it possible for a 3.8 (even if it is bored/stroked out to 4.3) to make more power than an 03/04 cobra can when the air charge is going to be a ton hotter with less displacement and with the same amount of air. Keep in mind people, 20 psi on a V6 is going to be about the same amount of air as 15-16 psi on a cobra....the eaton only moves a set amount of air per revolution...so if the V6 is getting 20 psi out of 17000 rpms of the blower, the cobra is getting 16 psi out of the same amount of revolutions. So just because you are running more boost does not mean you will be making more power as you will just be pushing the same amount of air as the cobra is at the same blower RPM. So, we are expected to believe a smaller displacement motor which has to work a lot harder because it is pushing more pounds of boost which just eats up horse power is making more power than a cobra can with hotter air.
Yes, 20 psi on a V6 is the same as 15-16 psi on a Cobra. And yes, the blower only moves a certain amount of air. And that my friends, is the entire point. An engine pumps air. That's it. So if the V6 is moving the same amount of air as the Cobra.... guess what? It's making the same ****ing power (give or take a little). One huge factor you guys keep ignoring here is that the Cobra has the overhead of having to operate the DOHC valvetrain. That takes power. So if both engines are moving the same amount of air, and turning the same roots blower, the Cobra is going to put less power to the wheels due to the power required to turn the cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
Math doesn't make actual numbers. Math is just fuzzy logic used to twist facts into a "believable" story.
This is the most ignorant thing I believe I have ever read on the Internet in my decade or so of surfing. Congratulations, you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom
And there are many cars out there cooler than the fox. The fox is one of the best choices since the 70s, but the 60s and ealry 70s mustangs, even the coupes, are light years ahead of the fox.
Ok, make that the second most ignorant thing. You just surpassed yourself.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #44
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Hey totally off topics but orange TPS what do you run w&w/o the n02?
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Yes, 20 psi on a V6 is the same as 15-16 psi on a Cobra. And yes, the blower only moves a certain amount of air. And that my friends, is the entire point. An engine pumps air. That's it. So if the V6 is moving the same amount of air as the Cobra.... guess what? It's making the same ****ing power (give or take a little). One huge factor you guys keep ignoring here is that the Cobra has the overhead of having to operate the DOHC valvetrain. That takes power. So if both engines are moving the same amount of air, and turning the same roots blower, the Cobra is going to put less power to the wheels due to the power required to turn the cams.
You're right. Hotter air always makes more power...And you're also right, it doesn't take more power to spin an eaton to 20 psi than it does to spin it to 15-16 psi...yup, you're right, you're the greatest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
This is the most ignorant thing I believe I have ever read on the Internet in my decade or so of surfing. Congratulations, you win.
Well, since that is the most ignorant thing you have read, then I guess when we all buy mods for our cars we can just add up the manufactures HP claims and say that our car makes Stock + mod 1 + mod 2 + mod 3...etc HP...which, with that logic, give me my 600 hp shirt because my mods all added up = 600 or more. Sweet, forget the dyno, math is where it's at. Sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Ok, make that the second most ignorant thing. You just surpassed yourself.
Ignorant or not, the classics are light years ahead of any current offering on the market...nothing from the mid 70s on has the design quality that the original, late 60s, and early 70 mustangs had....specially the box on wheels known as the fox. And I love the fox....but it is no where near as nice as an original.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Don't worry Jarrod, I plan to make some pulls at your shop. We've talked a good bit and you know I'm as serious about cold hard facts as anyone can be, so I am very curious to see what ends up happening. It'll be nice to be able to remove a lot variables. I also plan on trying several different configurations just to see what happens.

I was out there today picking up my exhaust from Thunder, I was gonna swing by but I overslept and had/still have a ton of stuff to do with the car before it can go anywhere.

Anybody got a whipple I can borrow for a few days? I promise I'll give it back lol
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #47
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I could, but I won't because that's not what we are talking about.
2:2: how do you figure???????


vsss stang> i havent had a chance to make a pass in my car yet, after i got the motor back in,it only took me 2 hours to oblong a set of upr upper control arms,and destroy the bushings in the lowers, then 2 weeks after that i twisted an axle tube out of the housing on a 1-2 shift without the spray, so im not worried about it lacking power. my car is currently running a 4v cobra motor on an untuned gt computer, as soon as our dyno is ready, im putting a tune on it and i will post track numbers, and hp numbers the week after.
but rob can vouch that it is no turd in its natrally aspirated form, he hasnt seen it sprayed yet because i didnt have a full bottle. im in no way talking my car up, im just saying i havent had a v6 out-run me ever, not that it wont happen
our shop car with 4:10s, exhaust,ported eaton, with a factory intake tube made 450@ the tires and went 11.9* with a 1.81 60' @ 12* mph, dont remember the exact numbers, ill look at the slip tomorrow.

i want a link to a v6 with a stock motor and a ported eaton on it so i can compare numbers.by stock motor i mean stock bore & stroke, it can have a forged bottom end within factory specs.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

ryan, you are lacking a blower for your build? if so look into buying robs stage 4 ported one and he can send off our stock one for his stage 5 port.that would be a perfect comparison to our cobra.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,834
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post

second,dont tell me that im arrogant about thinking a v6 will never out run my car because i know they exist

everyone knows that you know this, you're about to build one that will do so
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
You're right. Hotter air always makes more power...And you're also right, it doesn't take more power to spin an eaton to 20 psi than it does to spin it to 15-16 psi...yup, you're right, you're the greatest.
No, it doesn't. It's still moving the same amount of air. It's just moving it into a smaller space. pv = nrt. If you would read a high school physics book instead of SVTP, you might actually have some idea of what you are talking about.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #51
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

TPS
go to car domain and serch for tomzac, he made 286 whp and 303 wtq @~7psi and 16* of timing on his stock 3.8L

stock 4.2L motors make more obviously but you don't want those right?
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #52
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Come on guys. Please try to keep it civil and leave smartass put downs out of it. If you can't argue your point without insults then don't bother replying.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:57 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
ryan, you are lacking a blower for your build? if so look into buying robs stage 4 ported one and he can send off our stock one for his stage 5 port.that would be a perfect comparison to our cobra.

I got a blower, it's a stocker with a billetflow hub and currently a 2.93 clear pulley. I'm just waiting on the intake adapter now. I dropped off my injectors yesterday to get flow matched and blue printed, they'll be done today.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #54
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
No, it doesn't. It's still moving the same amount of air. It's just moving it into a smaller space. pv = nrt. If you would read a high school physics book instead of SVTP, you might actually have some idea of what you are talking about.
you are trying to use an equation commonly used to determine the physical state of a gas to determine hp gains????? that equation is totally not sufficient for this argument, nowhere is combustion even calculated in that equation, it would be sufficient if ignition werent present....nice try though but having 16 credit hrs of college physics under by belt and 2 years of using that formula every day for a job, i know better, according to that equation, detonation isnt a bad thing and the more heat you have the better it will be

btw:engineering major, employed at a plant where we make gases from other chemicals using pressure and temperature




Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
TPS
go to car domain and serch for tomzac, he made 286 whp and 303 wtq @~7psi and 16* of timing on his stock 3.8L

stock 4.2L motors make more obviously but you don't want those right?
show me a mustang that came stock with a 4.2 and ill accept it, if you want to use a 4.2L then ill start arguing with a 5.4 navigator engine, doesent matter to me.but i do apreciate the info, imma look into it. is it a bone stock blower on a bone stock 3.8? like i said, im not biased, i just want a fair comparison.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #55
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Meh, there is no point to argue anymore. More heat, same amount of air, less displacement, more restriction, less volumetric efficiency, and math will always make more power.

When real data gets posted, then I'll believe it.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

:pop: This is getting out of hand But I'm enjoying it
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #57
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

im not willing to get out of hand, im really tired of arguing, im only interested in a fair comparison so im setting up to do one, be expecting dyno sheets and track ets from a stock eaton v6 and stock eaton cobra with the stock pulley (doesent matter the boost level) in the near future.

also for those who havent heard yet, me and kyle are both building single turbo cars, ime is a terminator cobra set-up, and his will be a 4.2 v6, that will be another comparison that will be posted.this will be good because we are using the same exact parts down to the namebrand with exceptions of turbo sizes.each car will have a turbo optimal for its application.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #58
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
you are trying to use an equation commonly used to determine the physical state of a gas to determine hp gains????? that equation is totally not sufficient for this argument, nowhere is combustion even calculated in that equation, it would be sufficient if ignition werent present....nice try though but having 16 credit hrs of college physics under by belt and 2 years of using that formula every day for a job, i know better, according to that equation, detonation isnt a bad thing and the more heat you have the better it will be

btw:engineering major, employed at a plant where we make gases from other chemicals using pressure and temperature





show me a mustang that came stock with a 4.2 and ill accept it, if you want to use a 4.2L then ill start arguing with a 5.4 navigator engine,
doesent matter to me.but i do apreciate the info, imma look into it. is it a bone stock blower on a bone stock 3.8? like i said, im not biased, i just want a fair comparison.
How is the navigator engine related to the 03/04 cobra motor?[curiosity]
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #59
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

it is the 5.4L version of the cobra motor (DOHC 5.4L) equivalent upgrade to a 3.8-4.2 upgrade
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
RyansQuick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 394
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
it is the 5.4L version of the cobra motor (DOHC 5.4L) equivalent upgrade to a 3.8-4.2 upgrade
As OT as answering this is, I'll do it anyway. A 4.2 is only different on the inside and is a direct bolt in short block. A 5.4 on the other hand has to have a different k-member and a lot more stuff to accomodate it (using the 'R' for reference). So no, I wouldn't consider it "equivalent" as far as do-ability, but for the sake of neverending argument, then yes.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #61
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

my point was that it wasn't stock,so lets go with the 5.0 stroker, since it is a bolt in rotating assembly, ill accept that argument but its not very much to do a 5.4 conversion, i would like a stroked aluminum 5.4L in my car. oh, and they have bolt in 6.0 shortblocks
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #62
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
my point was that it wasn't stock,so lets go with the 5.0 stroker, since it is a bolt in rotating assembly, ill accept that argument but its not very much to do a 5.4 conversion, i would like a stroked aluminum 5.4L in my car. oh, and they have bolt in 6.0 shortblocks
But thats not a stock option the 4.2L is the stock "stroked" verson on a 3.8L. Sam block / heads / etc / etc. only difference is the rods/crank and the upper intake.
VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 45
Cool Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Sounds like a great mod, thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see some pics if you can.

Vaya con Dios.
4thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:44 PM   #64
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG View Post
But thats not a stock option the 4.2L is the stock "stroked" verson on a 3.8L. Sam block / heads / etc / etc. only difference is the rods/crank and the upper intake.
what mustang did the 4.2 come in?, it wasent a stock option, its an upgrade using a stock block, which so is the 5.0 stroker.which uses same block/heads/etc/etc even uses the factory intake

so if you can use a 4.2L,which is not stock, then i can use a 5.0L which is not stock.

got another question, if the eaton does better on a smaller ci motor, why the hell would you increase the cubic inch almost to that of a v8???is it because when you stroke it, itvmoves close to the same air as the 4.6 therefore creates close to the same power????hmmm i think im on to something.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #65
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

if you think the comparison between a stock cobra, and a stroked v6 is a good fair comparison, then im truly sorry for your one-sided biased opinion.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #66
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: Texas
Posts: 521
Send a message via AIM to VCS_SSSTANG
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
if you think the comparison between a stock cobra, and a stroked v6 is a good fair comparison, then im truly sorry for your one-sided biased opinion.
Doesn't the cobra already have the advantage without needing 5.4L to make it "fair"

WELL LETS JUST USE THE 4.5L v6 and call it a day (for the sake of argument) lol...


VCS_SSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
LilRoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Region: Florida
Posts: 91
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

How did this thread turn into a pissing match? The idea was to put out the info related to using an M112 on the 3.8L block Mustang (and 4.2L F150 guys that might be reading this). How it's done, and the power being made.

Seriously, I never intended for V8 owners to get all upset that their power was being equated by guys using the V6 motor.
__________________
~Matt
2000 Roush #5004 M112'd V6
1970 Mach 1 351W 5 speed swap
2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #68
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 1,434
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
what mustang did the 4.2 come in?, it wasent a stock option, its an upgrade using a stock block, which so is the 5.0 stroker.which uses same block/heads/etc/etc even uses the factory intake

so if you can use a 4.2L,which is not stock, then i can use a 5.0L which is not stock.

got another question, if the eaton does better on a smaller ci motor, why the hell would you increase the cubic inch almost to that of a v8???is it because when you stroke it, itvmoves close to the same air as the 4.6 therefore creates close to the same power????hmmm i think im on to something.
still waiting on some answers to this

and the original argument was a stock 3.8 and a stock 4.6 4valve, if you are going to enhance the performance to make the comparison fair, then we are just going in circles. im saying for factual information, it is not accurate to change the variable on one subject without changing the same varialble on the other, that yeilds inaccrate test results. if you are going to claim a 4.2L v6 is a stock mustang, im gonna entertain the fact that sparkplug has a BONE STOCK 347 stroker that runs 11.65
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #69
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

We don't care if a V6 matches our power levels. The issue is with unsubstantiated data. math does not cut it for actual data. Guestimations don't cut it either.

When real data is posted, then we will listen. Until then, all this theoretical data can just be shelved and save yourself the keystrokes.

It will all be solved if/when simply orange takes that eaton off the shelf and puts it on a V6. He can start with the stock displacement, then up it later if he so chooses.

None of us mighty V8 owners are naive enough to think a car with less displacement can't make as much or more power than we are. Any motor can be made to make power with the right amount of money. However, we are not going to just sit and take an interweb posting to be gospel without true data...
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #70
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: M112 V6: Fact vs Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrangeTPS View Post
still waiting on some answers to this

and the original argument was a stock 3.8 and a stock 4.6 4valve, if you are going to enhance the performance to make the comparison fair, then we are just going in circles. im saying for factual information, it is not accurate to change the variable on one subject without changing the same varialble on the other, that yeilds inaccrate test results. if you are going to claim a 4.2L v6 is a stock mustang, im gonna entertain the fact that sparkplug has a BONE STOCK 347 stroker that runs 11.65
I'm willing to give them the 4.2L because it is still less displacement and more PSI with the same amount of air and more heat.

On a related note, about all that heat, go ahead and include the octane of fuel you are running and the timing you are running in your tune. 93 octane and 200+ degree IAT2 temps and higher compression are not going to play well for very long unless you are running ridiculously low amounts of timing.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fact or Fiction iwannagofast General Mustang Discussion 10 03-12-2008 02:10 AM
This must be fiction... MarkuzLS1 The Bar 17 11-10-2007 08:26 AM
The 9/11 Conspiracies: Fact or Fiction JROC The Bar 11 11-05-2007 12:06 PM
Calling All Pulp Fiction Fans likwuddeath06 Pictures and Videos 2 09-21-2007 11:39 AM
MAF FACT or FICTION 70mm stock eagle05 1979-1995 Mustang GT 12 09-06-2006 10:56 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.