LMR vs AM lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
LMR vs AM lowering springs

I have my eyes on lowering springs from LMR and AM:

Mustang SVE Spring, C/C Plates, & Urethane Isolator Kit (94-04) - LatemodelRestoration.com

SR Performance Mustang Caster Camber Plate & Lowering Spring Kit 53150 (94-04 GT, Mach 1, 94-98 Cobra) - Free Shipping - AmericanMuscle

Which ones will be better?
PiojoA7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'd opt out for the the SR springs and caster camber plates over the SVE out of those two. But personally I'd go with MM caster camber plates and some H&R super sport coupe springs.

But what are you trying to do with your suspension? Are you just trying to lower it to get rid of the wheel gap or trying to make the car handle better?
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
I'd opt out for the the SR springs and caster camber plates over the SVE out of those two. But personally I'd go with MM caster camber plates and some H&R super sport coupe springs.

But what are you trying to do with your suspension? Are you just trying to lower it to get rid of the wheel gap or trying to make the car handle better?

I want to Lower it of course. But how will the SR handle? I read the reviews for the SR and they seem mostly positive for the handling. And the drop they offer look good to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have sr springs on my car and I realy dnt think the handling is greatly better then my stock but I also have them on a Mach which has stiffer factory suspension. But I am more then happy with the way my car sits now compared to how it was before.
fwalck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwalck View Post
I have sr springs on my car and I realy dnt think the handling is greatly better then my stock but I also have them on a Mach which has stiffer factory suspension. But I am more then happy with the way my car sits now compared to how it was before.

Maybe if I stiffen up my suspension, I'll feel a difference.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
Site Sponsor

Op

Good question and I've run the SR Lowering Springs on my '01 with great results. I didn't have any caster camber plates at the time (I was young!) and I ate through tires, and fought my alignment regularly. If I could go back in time I would've picked up a set of caster camber plates and I think they should be mandatory when lowering any Mustang! I would recommend Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates as well as there's many threads discussing their performance.

Something else to look into down the road in my opinion would be to pick up a set of Struts and Shocks to complement the springs. No matter the age/mileage if you're going to do one, it's a great idea to do the other because you're either going to compromise comfort, performance, or both.

I hope this helps, Let me know if you don't have our discount code and shoot me a PM and we'll get you hooked up!

-Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiojoA7x View Post
Maybe if I stiffen up my suspension, I'll feel a difference.
I think you would feel a difference on a your car since its a little softer set up
fwalck is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang