Its been awhile! car is ALIVE NOW. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Its been awhile! car is ALIVE NOW.

I am so glad to finally say my car is working great again. I previously awhile ago posted about how a 2005 malibu whomped me and I had 93 bama tune true dual catback and a intake. I was completely mystified as to why I got whomped on.

I took it to a reliable family friend who owns a shop locally and he found that the spark plugs I had [NGK iridiums] were not burning right and something about gas coming out the exhaust
We replaced them with some oem platinums and a new speed demon coil pack. Fixed a temperature sensor and BOOM. Those plugs must have just been garbage for my specific car. I also had him jmod the tranny and put a cooler on it. And boy does that auto transmission kick *** now. I still have the same mods as before only differences are the jmod and cooler and that coil pack. Also got the intake manifold from the ford windstar swapped in with a bbk tb. Finally i got the day to dyno it at ians speed shop. I got 257hp at the crank with 279 ft pounds of torque. Does that sound accurate? I cant believe how far shes gotten. I toasted a 2007 v6. Then my buddy with the 01 gt I just barely...barely lost. My nose was at his side mirrors and just stayed there. I ran a 14.07 on the quarter which is AWESOME. Not trying to show off I just thought you guys are the best to share my hard work with. Automotive tech starts for me in september cant wait. Thanks for reading and will love feedback on what i should do next. Im thinking 4.10 gears. I had him check the engine for leak down and compression...said its actually really in good shape.
Dvest1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

By the way...destroyed that malibu after just the damn plugs amd coil....amazing how much they can impact a cars performance
Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh I also for got to add that I added motoblue underdrive pullies also! No charging issues whatsoever. And I did notice a difference with them...takes off a bit harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvest1995 View Post
I am so glad to finally say my car is working great again. I previously awhile ago posted about how a 2005 malibu whomped me and I had 93 bama tune true dual catback and a intake. I was completely mystified as to why I got whomped on.

I took it to a reliable family friend who owns a shop locally and he found that the spark plugs I had [NGK iridiums] were not burning right and something about gas coming out the exhaust
We replaced them with some oem platinums and a new speed demon coil pack. Fixed a temperature sensor and BOOM. Those plugs must have just been garbage for my specific car. I also had him jmod the tranny and put a cooler on it. And boy does that auto transmission kick *** now. I still have the same mods as before only differences are the jmod and cooler and that coil pack. Also got the intake manifold from the ford windstar swapped in with a bbk tb. Finally i got the day to dyno it at ians speed shop. I got 257hp at the crank with 279 ft pounds of torque. Does that sound accurate? I cant believe how far shes gotten. I toasted a 2007 v6. Then my buddy with the 01 gt I just barely...barely lost. My nose was at his side mirrors and just stayed there. I ran a 14.07 on the quarter which is AWESOME. Not trying to show off I just thought you guys are the best to share my hard work with. Automotive tech starts for me in september cant wait. Thanks for reading and will love feedback on what i should do next. Im thinking 4.10 gears. I had him check the engine for leak down and compression...said its actually really in good shape.
Hey! Happy to hear that she's up and running! Sounds like she's making great power as well. Care to share the graph or let us know what kind of dyno this was on? I think a set of Ford Racing's 4.10's would definitely help get you off the line faster!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude
mazen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow man thats awesome, a bit of an inspiration. Never knew the V6 could go that far with not that many mods. So the only mods you had were true dual exhaust, Intake, 93 race tune, bbk throttle body, windstar intake, and you were at 257 hp and 279lbs? You also pretty much ran 14.07 in the quarter with 3.27s!!!! Wow thats crazy. Makes my dream of breaking into the 13s seems possible someday, im putting in 4.10s next week, those change everything
Wowwofnd
Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I will put a graph up tonight. im no sure on the dyno...
I forgot to add that there is underdrive pullies and u must have not noticed the jmod i wrote about...and the cooler....it made a huge freaking improvement. I did put nitto 555 on fresh new tires so im sure that helped
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will put a graph up tonight. im no sure on the dyno...

I forgot to add that there is underdrive pullies and u must have not noticed the jmod i wrote about...and the cooler....it made a huge freaking improvement. I did put nitto 555 on fresh new tires so im sure that helped

Are u still with the open diff and not a posi?
Old 07-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

There is a 8.8 rear in it forgot that too. Honestly i feel like those dyno numbers were a bit high. But it kinda makes sense if i literally just whomped on that 07 and stayed with a 01 gt. It was a dynojet by the way.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ok makes more sense now, no they probably correct ma man. I was doing the hp numbers that your mods yield in my head and it was close. But really get some 4.10s and you'll be in the mid to high 13s which would be awesome,
Old 07-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Also....TUNER by far was best upgrade so far...besides that lovely exhaust. I did a pull without it on and lost 23 hp and 26 ft pounds of torque.... it really does seem to squeeze every inch out of that exhaust and intake and the manifold...
Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also....TUNER by far was best upgrade so far...besides that lovely exhaust. I did a pull without it on and lost 23 hp and 26 ft pounds of torque.... it really does seem to squeeze every inch out of that exhaust and intake and the manifold...

Exactly! Im always dumbfounded when i see people modding there car without a 93 octane tune! Stock I had like mid 8 0-60, I put on a 93 octane tune, cai, and exhaust and now I have a high 6. its not just the hp, its the shift points, higher reving, and the shift aggressiveness plus lower end power
Old 07-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
How did you accurately figure out your crank hp. and tq.?
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...CD63538B7AA11A
93 with everything but a Windstar, J mod., and tb. AM gained 15 hp.
What is your secret?

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Its been awhile! car is ALIVE NOW.

Dyno guy was high, that's the secret lol if you actually ran a 14.07 with those bolt ons you're spraying it. What year model is the car?

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What is this j mod y'all are talking about? And impressive numbers still like to see the dyno sheet. I've got a 2000 v6 5 speed myself and looking for some mods for it already has true dual exhaust a tuner is a little out of my price range fight now but def interested in the Windstar swap if anyone has one for sale let me know. J mod?

1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravebowhunter View Post
What is this j mod y'all are talking about? And impressive numbers still like to see the dyno sheet. I've got a 2000 v6 5 speed myself and looking for some mods for it already has true dual exhaust a tuner is a little out of my price range fight now but def interested in the Windstar swap if anyone has one for sale let me know. J mod?

1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto
Someone probably can explain this better than me. It use to be evadible for the automatic transmission. You can find it at VAP Auto - Support . They no longer have them, but it was a favorite mod. It is a better version of the automatic by better flow of fluids and smoother shifts. It is amazing but not big numbers.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Oh so it's a new valve body for the automatic tranny then

Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Nice read. Great to see your progress.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
So i have everything except the underdrive pullies, throttle body, and tune. What should my hp be at? Also for christmas im getting an offroad hpipe and getting a custom dyno tune.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang