Magnaflow - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Magnaflow

I have an opportunity to get a new exhaust for $300 installed. Its a divorced dual magnaflow high flow cats and mufflers all with 2.25 piping. I dont have duals right now and i saw the exhaust today but his car was screwed up so it didnt idle correctly im wondering how loud will this be and would it be better to swap the mufflers for some flowmaster 10's?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 02:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I think you would lose some low end torque with divorced true duals. With out a midpipe to create back pressure some torque would be lost. Somebody correct me if im wrong
mazen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
$300 seems a bit pricey.. The thing about exhaust is that it's not a big-ticket car item like body pieces or interior parts. It's basically just metal piping. The mufflers are what costs dough, and for some magnaflows (which are great, don't get me wrong) just aren't worth the $300. I'd buy the setup for $100 then take it to a shop and have em do it for ya for $50. Lol

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialMakkyZ View Post
$300 seems a bit pricey.. The thing about exhaust is that it's not a big-ticket car item like body pieces or interior parts. It's basically just metal piping. The mufflers are what costs dough, and for some magnaflows (which are great, don't get me wrong) just aren't worth the $300. I'd buy the setup for $100 then take it to a shop and have em do it for ya for $50. Lol

I was quoted at $300 to have a shop install them. I have no idea how to do anything when it comes to exhaust and engine so doing it myself is out of the question.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I didn't mean do it yourself. I'm an idiot mechanically, don't get me wrong. But if you do some research online on eBay or CL, you can find some magnaflows. The shop is charging you out the *** for those mufflers. But em yourself, take them to the exhaust shop and have them cut the old ones out and put those in. If you want an even more extreme change, have em cut the cats off too. Or honestly if you want it to be cheap, just have em cut the cats AND mufflers off and run a straight pipe lol

———————————————
MakkyZ
2000 v6, Decepticon themed.
Plastidipper. Customizer. Modder.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f376/t351203/

OfficialMakkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang