My Stock Car thrillz - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
My Stock Car thrillz

I've been racing around all over where I live and on the freeway a few months after I got my car. I've got a few stories for you.

My first race was kinda weird.. I just finished watching a movie with 2 of my friends and I was driving along to some late night food place. I'm driving along and I notice this silver 2002 Camaro, chrome rims, a mean exhaust, and tinted windows rolls up by me. The street we are on is ALWAYS empty, during the day and especially at night. This was probably 1 in the morning, and not a car in front or back of us. I started speeding up to get ahead of him, just so I could. So I speed up, the Camaro speeds up too. I laugh and by the time you know it we are flying down the street. Ok, time for the weird part.. I was winning.

I didn't know if I was beating him that badly or what, so I took my foot off the gas and gently touched the brake for him to catch up and when he did he flew by me till we got to the red and we came and waited for the green. Hit green, we both went off to a good start, then blah he just flew right ahead. So i got wasted on the second run. I still see him prowling the streets at night sometimes.. I just found it to be really weird that I was ahead of him, I had 2 other guys in my car and already that's about an extra 450 pounds. I dunno, you guys can figure that out cuz I still question what happened that night

I had a few other races, off the top of my head this guy in a new Cougar and I were at a red and he looked like he was either in a big hurry or he thought his car was the # # # # So I looked at him, he looked at me and he reved his engine. Soon as it hit green we took off, I had a good jump start as he was just barley coming up on me. When we hit 50 he had not improved at all and by then I was a good car length ahead of him. I almost missed my turn to get home, but it was worth beating a fellow V6'r At least that's what I read about Cougars back when I was searching to buy a car.

Next one that I could remember was.. me vs a brand new Chrysler Crossfire. We were both driving along the freeway as I see this new car pass by me. At first I had no idea what kind of car it was, but I was tempted to race it. I get up next to him, make a loud growl as I take a quick jolt forward and slowly come back to the same speed so we are at the same pace. He doesn't really pay much attention.. At least so I thought. I see him slowly creeping up on me, slowly speeding up.. so I smile and start speeding up too, just enough so I'm ahead of him. Next thing I know, he's gunning it. We both go flying down the freeway, there's oncoming traffic ahead of me, and I keep flooring it. I get into a huge distance between me and the Crossfire and fly into his lane, avoiding the car infront of me, then the car in that lane, and back into the lane I was in before. I checked my mirrors, the Crossfire was following every move I was doing, just... lol he was way back there. I got lucky breaks on the traffic and the speed I was going at, avoiding traffic safely (Safely meaning, I was in no way going to do something stupid so I could win this little race) We were probably zooming by traffic at 95+ until I finally got so ahead of him I couldn't see much but a few glimmers of light everytime he tried passing someone to try and catch up with me.

I had time to get off at my exit and look back to see him back there looking for me. That's all for now
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I've been racing around all over where I live and on the freeway a few months after I got my car. I've got a few stories for you.

My first race was kinda weird.. I just finished watching a movie with 2 of my friends and I was driving along to some late night food place. I'm driving along and I notice this silver 2002 Camaro, chrome rims, a mean exhaust, and tinted windows rolls up by me. The street we are on is ALWAYS empty, during the day and especially at night. This was probably 1 in the morning, and not a car in front or back of us. I started speeding up to get ahead of him, just so I could. So I speed up, the Camaro speeds up too. I laugh and by the time you know it we are flying down the street. Ok, time for the weird part.. I was winning.

I didn't know if I was beating him that badly or what, so I took my foot off the gas and gently touched the brake for him to catch up and when he did he flew by me till we got to the red and we came and waited for the green. Hit green, we both went off to a good start, then blah he just flew right ahead. So i got wasted on the second run. I still see him prowling the streets at night sometimes.. I just found it to be really weird that I was ahead of him, I had 2 other guys in my car and already that's about an extra 450 pounds. I dunno, you guys can figure that out cuz I still question what happened that night

Wasnt flooring it maybe?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 07:58 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Most likely, but at one point I was getting far ahead of him and that's when I started to slow down for him. Maybe he was toying with me or I should have just kept going?
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang