Help me understand - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Help me understand

I keep looking for mild performance parts for my v6 on american muscle. And to be honest i am frustated because i see is 94-01 GT, GT , GT over and over again. Haha will some parts fit my 3.8 Liter, like per say an intake manifold for 94-01 GT on a base model like mine-v6 3.8L. I would appreciate if you guys knew of other sites i could possibly purchase parts from.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Alexanderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The intake manifold wouldn't work because the v6 has six cylinders, and the gt has 8. 99% of gt performance parts WONT fit on your sixxer

pypes x w/flow 40's, SR CAI, plasti dipped (emblems, stripe, rear decklid, rear valance, cowl vent grille, fuel door, antenna holder), shorty antenna, mach 1 chin spoiler, custom interior trim, blue LED interior lights, more to come later
Mustang81596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang81596 View Post
The intake manifold wouldn't work because the v6 has six cylinders, and the gt has 8. 99% of gt performance parts WONT fit on your sixxer

Thanks. Wish i woke up with a 5.0 tomorrow. Where is my ****ing genie 😂😂

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Hmmm if you want stage 1 performance parts, not sure an intake manifold would be the way to go. Maybe try a CAI and exhaust first, in addition to a tune and tightening your throttle cable. Those four will really pick up your car.

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
Jaytraeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytraeg View Post
Hmmm if you want stage 1 performance parts, not sure an intake manifold would be the way to go. Maybe try a CAI and exhaust first, in addition to a tune and tightening your throttle cable. Those four will really pick up your car.

Thanks jay, i was using the manifold as an example . But yes i been looking into cai and the exhaust. Still have a few questions about the exhaust part. Shorties compared to long headers. I preffer long headers but then again i dont know what type of cat back exhaust would fit with them or what type of setup to run

Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Help me understand

Ooooh I'm going to have to step back on this one, man. Personally, I've never really done too much exhaust work (although, once I do find some money, you know where it's going ;D). Someone else want to give some advice on shorties vs. long headers?

Old 08-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytraeg View Post
Ooooh I'm going to have to step back on this one, man. Personally, I've never really done too much exhaust work (although, once I do find some money, you know where it's going ;D). Someone else want to give some advice on shorties vs. long headers?

I might just got with the MaC cat back exhaust from american muscle for now. Add the CAI and tighten the throttle cable. Den spend more time is under car stuff .

Old 08-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, that's a good idea. Really anything is better than stock. Best of luck!

Old 08-23-2014, 02:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
it depends on your budget.like me i went to buy a used mac ceramic long tube headers and mac h pipes(shorty ones) and a new flowmaster exhaust for the gt(american thunder).it fits on v6 with out modification.
heres what it cost me :
lth ---250(used)
h pipe-100(used)
flowmaster 450
my set up before this was bbk shorty header,and borla catback which was expensive 7 years ago.as i remember my total cos back then close to $800
now the difference: huge difference on sound and probably more horses than my old set up.
morfhious3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
SSM and few other places.
Most of the performance parts is found in salvage yards.
4.2 engines, split-port head(already on 99-04 stangs), windstar intakes.
I think I read that old 5.0 lifters will fit in our V6's. I'm doing more research on that, I'm thinking about grabbing a set of solid roller lifters, along with some roller rockers, hardened pushrods etc...
Having a hard time deciding the cam though...

a 8.8 rear axle from a 99-04 GT would be a direct bolt-on upgrade.
traction great improves with 8.8, as it has a locker from the factory.
You can get lower gears, to get more acceleration and torque, at the cost of HP and top speed, usually helps in the 1/4 mile.
or get higher gears to for a faster top speed, really fun on the high way. When I had 2.73's, the thing would cruise at 80mph.
I'm happy with 3.27's. good for a daily driver. good 0-60, I have no problem merging on to a busy freeway from a stop.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Look at drag cars, other race cars. Only time they don't use LT headers is when it's turbo'd.
LT headers won't pass smog, as they're so long they take up the space where the cats would of been.
You might lose a little torque.
Add a CAI and get rest of the exhaust done, it'd probably feel the same on the low end and pull harder on the top end.
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My headders were the last upgrade that I did. N by far the best one. I had all boltons n my engine was chocking it out. Wanting to die on start up and comming to a stop. It couldnt breath. Once I put my MAC long tubes n MAC H Pipe it was smooth n added great power n sound... I got both for 200. Had 2 flowmaster 40s with 2.5in piping but I wanna switch to 3in. Everyone complements my car n how it sounds alotta ppl has copyed my set up for the sound... Sometimes American Muscle isn't cheap I found that ebay is a lot cheaper for the same parts and also junk yard is better option

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
My headders were the last upgrade that I did. N by far the best one. I had all boltons n my engine was chocking it out. Wanting to die on start up and comming to a stop. It couldnt breath. Once I put my MAC long tubes n MAC H Pipe it was smooth n added great power n sound... I got both for 200. Had 2 flowmaster 40s with 2.5in piping but I wanna switch to 3in. Everyone complements my car n how it sounds alotta ppl has copyed my set up for the sound... Sometimes American Muscle isn't cheap I found that ebay is a lot cheaper for the same parts and also junk yard is better option

Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang