So, I have a story... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
So, I have a story...

Okay, so let me start with two years ago.

My brother and I needed a car to get around with, so (being the teenage boys that we were) we went and bought an '84 Camaro Z28, whose engine promptly blew up two weeks later. We decided to keep it and see if we could fix the engine.

Fast forward to last year. I need another car for myself, so being the teenage guy that I was, I went and found a '95 Mustang V6. I loved the car a whole lot, but didn't know too much about mechanics at the point. I ignored some serious warning signs that the car was going to die soon if I kept driving it without repairing it, and I blew a headgasket. Sold it to a mechanic for $500.

Fast forward AGAIN to about a week ago, and I'm futzing around on Craigslist when I see that same '95 Mustang all fixed up and for sale at a low-ish price. At this point, I had already moved on and bought another (more solid) '99 Mustang (because I love my horses). So I see it, and kind of laugh a bit when I see that he fixed up the engine and was selling it. I then notice that at the bottom of the ad, he mentioned that he was looking for an older project car, like a trans-am or a camaro.

Well, one thing led to another, and I got my first mustang back with a fixed engine. However, the engine had the 4.3 conversion, and is pretty beefy now.

And now I have two Mustangs.

Also, I did the math, and after buying the camaro and mustang and the value drop of losing two engines and the deal that I made with the guy, I had paid $100 for this mustang. It's not perfect, seeing as it needs a bit of TLC, body work and a good tune, but that's less than you can get in scrap metal. So how did I do with this little adventure, guys? Good deal?
Jaytraeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Interesting little full circle Haha..I think you made out pretty well!

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You are an EXCELLENT "horse trader" my friend!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Haha thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
Jaytraeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Wow crazy how things like that come around !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BamaStang93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang