I am some what discouraged!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Alexanderv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 56
I am some what discouraged!!

I have been a mustang enthusiast since i can remember. I have owned a couple including the one i own now, but when i had my first mustang which was a 89 fox body 5.0L SOHC. I had no trouble at all finding parts for it. Today i own a 2000 mustang V6 - yes a miserable V6. With that said i am getting extremely tired of being let down when it comes to finding performance parts for the V6 3.8L. Everything is 4.6L - 5.0L, like i aint ****ing rich to just go and get a swap over night. I guess i just felt like venting on a this forum since i know there are probably a few people who has gotten to this point as well. Its sad that performance shops arent interested in small V6 no more. I guess ill just upgrade every thing else on my mustang and just leave it gutless . If your reading this and have a site or a remedy for my performance issues let me know . I would appreciate every help i could get on looking. Well i feel better, hope yall are having a blessed saturday


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Alexanderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderv6 View Post
I have been a mustang enthusiast since i can remember. I have owned a couple including the one i own now, but when i had my first mustang which was a 89 fox body 5.0L SOHC. I had no trouble at all finding parts for it. Today i own a 2000 mustang V6 - yes a miserable V6. With that said i am getting extremely tired of being let down when it comes to finding performance parts for the V6 3.8L. Everything is 4.6L - 5.0L, like i aint ****ing rich to just go and get a swap over night. I guess i just felt like venting on a this forum since i know there are probably a few people who has gotten to this point as well. Its sad that performance shops arent interested in small V6 no more. I guess ill just upgrade every thing else on my mustang and just leave it gutless . If your reading this and have a site or a remedy for my performance issues let me know . I would appreciate every help i could get on looking. Well i feel better, hope yall are having a blessed saturday


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

There is plenty out there. You won't find a lot at big places like AM or LRS but there is a lot out there.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Alexanderv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There is plenty out there. You won't find a lot at big places like AM or LRS but there is a lot out there.


Bullitts are better than Bullets

You still havent given hope tho hahah give me some websites , that what i want .


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Alexanderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderv6 View Post
You still havent given hope tho hahah give me some websites , that what i want .


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Well I have a 4.6 so I'm not in the same boat. But I know a lotta guys who have the 3.8. There is a guy on here davidseifert, he comes on sometimes, talk to him about mods for the 3.8


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
There is a thread right now in the 10-14 v6 section about a guy who most found a bunch of 3.8 performance parts

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Alexanderv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Portland
Region: Oregon
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well I have a 4.6 so I'm not in the same boat. But I know a lotta guys who have the 3.8. There is a guy on here davidseifert, he comes on sometimes, talk to him about mods for the 3.8


Bullitts are better than Bullets

Cool thanks. Dont get me song i have found plenty of " performance parts" for my mustang but none of them have anything to do with engine mods.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Alexanderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
There is a thread right now in the 10-14 v6 section about a guy who most found a bunch of 3.8 performance parts

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

You might have the engines mixed up. 10-14 is the 3.7, the 3.8 is the 96-04 engine


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mobley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Detroit
Region: Michigan
Posts: 49
Americanmuscle.com

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 1,694
What exactly are you looking for, cam? heads? intakes?

I do my own cam grinds, I know of a couple places that will do port work, and believe it or not a junkyard intake off a windstar does a good deal for these cars haha


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
lemons95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 835
parts for a 5.0 SOHC would be impossible to find though...
Do you mean Pushrod 5.0/302?
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
parts for a 5.0 SOHC would be impossible to find though...
Do you mean Pushrod 5.0/302?
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that lol.

To the OP, there are more engine specific shops out there for the 3.8s. As said pm David seifert as he has made some impressive numbers with the work done to his car.

Supersixmotorsports, tom morana v6 are a couple I can think of though I've heard mixed reviews about both.
One thing to realize is that every car (or engine) has its limits for improvement. The 3.8 was intended to be more of a corporate engine, not a performance mill. Not until 2011 did Ford really produce a v6 for the mustang that was actually performance oriented.

Point being don't get too caught up in what's available and what's not for the v6. Research the limits and decide whether that's good enough for you.
I realized that my v6 was not a good platform to build off, so I saved and bought my mach 1..when i decide that's not fast enough I'll upgrade to something else. Welcome to the car world, lol

You can make any car fast, but you have to have the money and time to do so.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jmustang78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Billings
Region: Montana
Posts: 132
Send a message via Yahoo to Jmustang78
I am some what discouraged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderv6 View Post
I have been a mustang enthusiast since i can remember. I have owned a couple including the one i own now, but when i had my first mustang which was a 89 fox body 5.0L SOHC. I had no trouble at all finding parts for it. Today i own a 2000 mustang V6 - yes a miserable V6. With that said i am getting extremely tired of being let down when it comes to finding performance parts for the V6 3.8L. Everything is 4.6L - 5.0L, like i aint ****ing rich to just go and get a swap over night. I guess i just felt like venting on a this forum since i know there are probably a few people who has gotten to this point as well. Its sad that performance shops arent interested in small V6 no more. I guess ill just upgrade every thing else on my mustang and just leave it gutless . If your reading this and have a site or a remedy for my performance issues let me know . I would appreciate every help i could get on looking. Well i feel better, hope yall are having a blessed saturday


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Here is a performance parts site for v6 3.8L... http://www.supersixmotorsports.com
Also look in to the 4.2 stroker or the T-bird SC bolt ons also the windstar intake swap

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jmustang78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
found some nice stangs and some sad ones 56k no sonic04edge The Bar 7 11-28-2005 10:15 PM
did some PS'n want some opinions sonic04edge The Bar 14 06-07-2005 11:48 AM
Did some offroading and took some pics/vids sonic04edge Pictures and Videos 6 11-25-2004 08:17 PM
got some 351 truck rods, need some help tire Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 04-20-2004 06:43 PM
Need some advice on some realistic numbers from enginebasics ASSEMbler Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 25 11-14-2003 02:44 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.