I am some what discouraged!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I am some what discouraged!!

I have been a mustang enthusiast since i can remember. I have owned a couple including the one i own now, but when i had my first mustang which was a 89 fox body 5.0L SOHC. I had no trouble at all finding parts for it. Today i own a 2000 mustang V6 - yes a miserable V6. With that said i am getting extremely tired of being let down when it comes to finding performance parts for the V6 3.8L. Everything is 4.6L - 5.0L, like i aint ****ing rich to just go and get a swap over night. I guess i just felt like venting on a this forum since i know there are probably a few people who has gotten to this point as well. Its sad that performance shops arent interested in small V6 no more. I guess ill just upgrade every thing else on my mustang and just leave it gutless . If your reading this and have a site or a remedy for my performance issues let me know . I would appreciate every help i could get on looking. Well i feel better, hope yall are having a blessed saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Alexanderv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderv6 View Post
I have been a mustang enthusiast since i can remember. I have owned a couple including the one i own now, but when i had my first mustang which was a 89 fox body 5.0L SOHC. I had no trouble at all finding parts for it. Today i own a 2000 mustang V6 - yes a miserable V6. With that said i am getting extremely tired of being let down when it comes to finding performance parts for the V6 3.8L. Everything is 4.6L - 5.0L, like i aint ****ing rich to just go and get a swap over night. I guess i just felt like venting on a this forum since i know there are probably a few people who has gotten to this point as well. Its sad that performance shops arent interested in small V6 no more. I guess ill just upgrade every thing else on my mustang and just leave it gutless . If your reading this and have a site or a remedy for my performance issues let me know . I would appreciate every help i could get on looking. Well i feel better, hope yall are having a blessed saturday

There is plenty out there. You won't find a lot at big places like AM or LRS but there is a lot out there.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There is plenty out there. You won't find a lot at big places like AM or LRS but there is a lot out there.

You still havent given hope tho hahah give me some websites , that what i want .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
You still havent given hope tho hahah give me some websites , that what i want .

Well I have a 4.6 so I'm not in the same boat. But I know a lotta guys who have the 3.8. There is a guy on here davidseifert, he comes on sometimes, talk to him about mods for the 3.8

HID end all thread
Old 09-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
There is a thread right now in the 10-14 v6 section about a guy who most found a bunch of 3.8 performance parts

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well I have a 4.6 so I'm not in the same boat. But I know a lotta guys who have the 3.8. There is a guy on here davidseifert, he comes on sometimes, talk to him about mods for the 3.8

Cool thanks. Dont get me song i have found plenty of " performance parts" for my mustang but none of them have anything to do with engine mods.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
There is a thread right now in the 10-14 v6 section about a guy who most found a bunch of 3.8 performance parts

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

You might have the engines mixed up. 10-14 is the 3.7, the 3.8 is the 96-04 engine

HID end all thread
Old 09-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Americanmuscle.com

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
What exactly are you looking for, cam? heads? intakes?

I do my own cam grinds, I know of a couple places that will do port work, and believe it or not a junkyard intake off a windstar does a good deal for these cars haha

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

parts for a 5.0 SOHC would be impossible to find though...
Do you mean Pushrod 5.0/302?
lemons95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemons95 View Post
parts for a 5.0 SOHC would be impossible to find though...
Do you mean Pushrod 5.0/302?
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that lol.

To the OP, there are more engine specific shops out there for the 3.8s. As said pm David seifert as he has made some impressive numbers with the work done to his car.

Supersixmotorsports, tom morana v6 are a couple I can think of though I've heard mixed reviews about both.
One thing to realize is that every car (or engine) has its limits for improvement. The 3.8 was intended to be more of a corporate engine, not a performance mill. Not until 2011 did Ford really produce a v6 for the mustang that was actually performance oriented.

Point being don't get too caught up in what's available and what's not for the v6. Research the limits and decide whether that's good enough for you.
I realized that my v6 was not a good platform to build off, so I saved and bought my mach 1..when i decide that's not fast enough I'll upgrade to something else. Welcome to the car world, lol

You can make any car fast, but you have to have the money and time to do so.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Montana
Send a message via Yahoo to Jmustang78
I am some what discouraged!!

Quote:

Here is a performance parts site for v6 3.8L... http://www.supersixmotorsports.com
Also look in to the 4.2 stroker or the T-bird SC bolt ons also the windstar intake swap

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jmustang78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang