Catalytic converter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Catalytic converter

I was told by the guy who did my exhaust that i only have one set of cats but i have also been told that i have 2 sets of cats. Which one is correct? My car is a 99 automatic
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
I was told by the guy who did my exhaust that i only have one set of cats but i have also been told that i have 2 sets of cats. Which one is correct? My car is a 99 automatic
I has to do with your Exhaust. Example: Two Exhaust tips out the back doesn't necessarily mean that you have Duel Exhaust, it could be a single exhaust that splits into two exit tips or a single muffler that exits in two pipes. A True duel Exhaust runs separate from the left and the right and runs all the way to the Rear of the Car. A separate setup like that would need two Catalytic converters, one for each side.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
I has to do with your Exhaust. Example: Two Exhaust tips out the back doesn't necessarily mean that you have Duel Exhaust, it could be a single exhaust that splits into two exit tips or a single muffler that exits in two pipes. A True duel Exhaust runs separate from the left and the right and runs all the way to the Rear of the Car. A separate setup like that would need two Catalytic converters, one for each side.

So how come allot of people say i have 2 sets of cats then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Then look under your Car, you can see for yourself if you have 1 or 2. You will see Wire coming out of the Cats.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Then look under your Car, you can see for yourself if you have 1 or 2.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
Then look under your Car, you can see for yourself if you have 1 or 2. You will see Wire coming out of the Cats.

Ahh okay. I have a smaller thing behind the headers that looks like cats then after that i got a large set of cats

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang