Thinking about going to v8? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2014, 05:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Michigan
Thinking about going to v8?

So I have a 2000 v6 automatic. First mustang, completely fell in love, honestly never even cared about cars and didnt know sht. done a cpl things like, dual halo headlights, flow master exhaust, CAI, and soon throttle body and tuner if I decide to keep it.

But ive been really thinking about getting a v8 stick shift. 99-04 which would be the best choice? I just love the newedge look.

Or should I keep my v6 and just keep building it up even though has 207k miles?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Massachusetts
Thinking about going to v8?

Personally I would immediately stop building that car, and do not but a throttle body and tuner. Just sell it and take the money to buy a gt, it's a much better starting platform to build from.

Don't hate....... appreciate
Adogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Illinois
Agreed. You've had your fun with your sixxer, and now that you're ready to start throwing some basic mods at it, i'd go for the GT. They're not exactly fast. And leave much to be desired, but with a few basic things, you can make them pretty quick. Plus the 5 speed is more fun to drive than the auto, even though it gets old real quick in rush hour traffic. The Mach 1's are a step up from the GT's, for only a few thousand more in comparison to a GT. You could try your hand at a 99/01 cobra, but they tend to cost more than they're worth imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
No questions asked, if you can afford a 2v and the insurance get it.
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Florida
I love my gt. Yea, they arent the fastest out there, but for me, it earns its "Grand Touring" badge. Nice to drive in, comfortable, not bad for trips, and has the muscle when you want it. Not terrible on gas for what it is. You can build it up if you want. Its a 2v V8 so if you nuke it, (hard to do) its not like its gonna be some special order imported engine. Parts are inexpensive and usually available. Same familar chassis. 8.8 inch rear axle instead of the 7.5. And unless your hanging around import enthusiasts, its a pretty respectable car. Oh, and avoid camaro owners. in my experience, they just like to tell you how much faster their car is, or how much easier and cheaper it is to add power, etc etc. I dont even know how much is true but i got tired of my coworker showing me videos of camaros beating mustangs.
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang