squeaky rear end - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Region: Texas
squeaky rear end

I have a 2004 3.9 mustang that has a severe squeak coming from the rear end. It only squeaks when hitting bumps. I can get on both the front and rear bumper and bounce the car like crazy by jumping up and down and I can hear absolutely NO squeaking. I can turn the wheels back and forth like crazy and hear NO squeaking. If I am driving at any speed on a smooth road I hear NO squeaking. If I hit the smallest bump at any speed, while turning or not, it squeaks very loudly. I have searched many forums for help to diagnose this problem but I have not found anything that matches my issue exactly. I do have aftermarket rims, I don't know the size but they are pretty wide. Any ideas?

vagrantvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Canada
It's gotta be a bushing or an isolator somewhere get underneath the car and physically inspect all your bushings and isolators. If still nothing I'd wait until it got worse then you might be able to diag it better. Might also be u-joints or pinion seal maybe?

1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears

Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Florida
Do you live on a dirt road?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang