Confused with exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
Confused with exhaust

Hi im a newbie at cars..still learning
I have a 2000 v6 base mustang. Im trying to get a little more out of this. I went with the MAC dual exhaust conversion kit for the dual looks. The catback bolts on to our stock y's

But now I want more. I want Long tubes and O/R hpipe. But AM told me its not compatable with the conversion kit. I thought i could just saw off the y and put in the h withthe long tube but now, no.

Im now looking at MAC Catback Exhaust. Will this work on a v6 Because its a gt catback? Please help. What can i do? I thought the mac dual exhaust conversion kit was a mac catback for v6s that you can use the v6 off road h and v6 longtubes

I am confused. Help
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
The best exhaust i have ever heard was longtube headers, flow 10's, and xpipe. If you can get that ur golden
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
X-Pipe are awful on the V6's

Way too raspy
I stick with H-Pipe's

But that didn't answer my question
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Lol all im saying is my friend left a car meet with that setup and everybody was asking if that was a v8. You can say whatever you want but if it had over 50 people that actually know something about cars guessing then you did an outstanding job.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
samuelsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Gulfport
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,234
The factory v6 exhaust is 2 1/4"s. The factory v8 is 2 1/2"s. But the v8s exhaust is wider because of the size of the engine. The long tube v6 headers are 2 1/2"s but adding a v8 exhaust is too wide and will not match up. The v6 exhaust pipes are 1/4" too small and the v8s are the right pipe size, but will not line up properly. I recommend going to a exhaust shop because they do not use pipe clamps on the exhaust (that break eventually). If your car is lowered do not use long tubes.
Using long tubes would also eliminate your egr system. It sends exhaust gases back into your lower intake. I recommend a tune so your car does not run lean and cut off some times.
__________________

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
Hi im a newbie at cars..still learning
I have a 2000 v6 base mustang. Im trying to get a little more out of this. I went with the MAC dual exhaust conversion kit for the dual looks. The catback bolts on to our stock y's

But now I want more. I want Long tubes and O/R hpipe. But AM told me its not compatable with the conversion kit. I thought i could just saw off the y and put in the h withthe long tube but now, no.

Im now looking at MAC Catback Exhaust. Will this work on a v6 Because its a gt catback? Please help. What can i do? I thought the mac dual exhaust conversion kit was a mac catback for v6s that you can use the v6 off road h and v6 longtubes

I am confused. Help
Mac long tube headers, matching h-pipe and some new flow tubes is what you need. If you look at a gt catback system its the pipes that connect the mufflers to the h-pipe. Should be able to find some new for $30-40 maybe cheaper.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: 00
Region: Other
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
The factory v6 exhaust is 2 1/4"s. The factory v8 is 2 1/2"s. But the v8s exhaust is wider because of the size of the engine. The long tube v6 headers are 2 1/2"s but adding a v8 exhaust is too wide and will not match up. The v6 exhaust pipes are 1/4" too small and the v8s are the right pipe size, but will not line up properly. I recommend going to a exhaust shop because they do not use pipe clamps on the exhaust (that break eventually). If your car is lowered do not use long tubes.
Using long tubes would also eliminate your egr system. It sends exhaust gases back into your lower intake. I recommend a tune so your car does not run lean and cut off some times.
If he uses the headers designed for the 99-00 3.8 they will have the egr boss on the tube. Also the gt catback will work with the long tubes with matching h-pipe. He will need to buy the gt muffler hangers and bolt them on the car. His v6 catback needs the flow tubes modified to bolt to the h-pipe, the mufflers back are the same.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
If he uses the headers designed for the 99-00 3.8 they will have the egr boss on the tube. Also the gt catback will work with the long tubes with matching h-pipe. He will need to buy the gt muffler hangers and bolt them on the car. His v6 catback needs the flow tubes modified to bolt to the h-pipe, the mufflers back are the same.
Thank you!
Can you link me the gt muffler hangers on the exact ones I need and flow tubes so I'm not dumb enough to get the wrong things? lol
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Really confused...exhaust linked to signal lights??? tdurham19 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 4 03-14-2012 10:00 PM
confused exhaust ?? JerryK123 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 12-28-2009 05:10 PM
eBay... confused... jimmy_beaner The Bar 3 05-21-2005 12:23 PM
umm saw this video/site and confused Thomas91169 The Bar 10 09-21-2004 02:39 AM
Ok guys I'm confused help Brent Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 9 07-28-2004 03:28 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.