Confused with exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Confused with exhaust

Hi im a newbie at cars..still learning
I have a 2000 v6 base mustang. Im trying to get a little more out of this. I went with the MAC dual exhaust conversion kit for the dual looks. The catback bolts on to our stock y's

But now I want more. I want Long tubes and O/R hpipe. But AM told me its not compatable with the conversion kit. I thought i could just saw off the y and put in the h withthe long tube but now, no.

Im now looking at MAC Catback Exhaust. Will this work on a v6 Because its a gt catback? Please help. What can i do? I thought the mac dual exhaust conversion kit was a mac catback for v6s that you can use the v6 off road h and v6 longtubes

I am confused. Help
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The best exhaust i have ever heard was longtube headers, flow 10's, and xpipe. If you can get that ur golden
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

X-Pipe are awful on the V6's

Way too raspy
I stick with H-Pipe's

But that didn't answer my question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lol all im saying is my friend left a car meet with that setup and everybody was asking if that was a v8. You can say whatever you want but if it had over 50 people that actually know something about cars guessing then you did an outstanding job.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
The factory v6 exhaust is 2 1/4"s. The factory v8 is 2 1/2"s. But the v8s exhaust is wider because of the size of the engine. The long tube v6 headers are 2 1/2"s but adding a v8 exhaust is too wide and will not match up. The v6 exhaust pipes are 1/4" too small and the v8s are the right pipe size, but will not line up properly. I recommend going to a exhaust shop because they do not use pipe clamps on the exhaust (that break eventually). If your car is lowered do not use long tubes.
Using long tubes would also eliminate your egr system. It sends exhaust gases back into your lower intake. I recommend a tune so your car does not run lean and cut off some times.

new engine,1.7 rocker arms,Pipes exhaust, shorty cats , shorty headers,under drive and overdrive pulleys,4.2 upper plenum, throttle body spacer, cold air intake, stage one clutch, shorty shifter, and tune. 8.8 in storage
samuelsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
Hi im a newbie at cars..still learning
I have a 2000 v6 base mustang. Im trying to get a little more out of this. I went with the MAC dual exhaust conversion kit for the dual looks. The catback bolts on to our stock y's

But now I want more. I want Long tubes and O/R hpipe. But AM told me its not compatable with the conversion kit. I thought i could just saw off the y and put in the h withthe long tube but now, no.

Im now looking at MAC Catback Exhaust. Will this work on a v6 Because its a gt catback? Please help. What can i do? I thought the mac dual exhaust conversion kit was a mac catback for v6s that you can use the v6 off road h and v6 longtubes

I am confused. Help
Mac long tube headers, matching h-pipe and some new flow tubes is what you need. If you look at a gt catback system its the pipes that connect the mufflers to the h-pipe. Should be able to find some new for $30-40 maybe cheaper.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsmith View Post
The factory v6 exhaust is 2 1/4"s. The factory v8 is 2 1/2"s. But the v8s exhaust is wider because of the size of the engine. The long tube v6 headers are 2 1/2"s but adding a v8 exhaust is too wide and will not match up. The v6 exhaust pipes are 1/4" too small and the v8s are the right pipe size, but will not line up properly. I recommend going to a exhaust shop because they do not use pipe clamps on the exhaust (that break eventually). If your car is lowered do not use long tubes.
Using long tubes would also eliminate your egr system. It sends exhaust gases back into your lower intake. I recommend a tune so your car does not run lean and cut off some times.
If he uses the headers designed for the 99-00 3.8 they will have the egr boss on the tube. Also the gt catback will work with the long tubes with matching h-pipe. He will need to buy the gt muffler hangers and bolt them on the car. His v6 catback needs the flow tubes modified to bolt to the h-pipe, the mufflers back are the same.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
If he uses the headers designed for the 99-00 3.8 they will have the egr boss on the tube. Also the gt catback will work with the long tubes with matching h-pipe. He will need to buy the gt muffler hangers and bolt them on the car. His v6 catback needs the flow tubes modified to bolt to the h-pipe, the mufflers back are the same.
Thank you!
Can you link me the gt muffler hangers on the exact ones I need and flow tubes so I'm not dumb enough to get the wrong things? lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust