Mustang Evolution Forum banner

V6 to V8 swap...

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  samuelsmith 
#1 ·
99-04 mustang v6

The easiest swap i heard was a 94-95 GT 5.0
And im sure it won't cost me 15000. I can find donar cars for 1000-2000 and do it with a few buds

Tips? Advice? Guides? Dont tell me "buy a GT"

#4 ·
Reason I do not suggest one is they do not make verry good power. However, if you can find one for dirt cheap, then you have money to do heads, cam, intake etc, then throw a small shot on top of that if wanted.

Or look for a 2v 4.6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
I'm a fan of supercharging the 3.8 but it will cost way more than the V8 swap to do it correctly. Take the advice Rapinator 126 gave you about the push rod motor. If you have a complete donor car that's in decent condition the v8 swap is the way to go. Just consider that just dropping a stock 5.0 in your car will not make it a ton faster. Great for exhaust sound but you'll be upset when a 99-04 2v car puts you in his rear view mirror. So long story short from someone who been there done that. If you want a v8 sell your car and get you a fair priced 99-04gt and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#14 ·
The reason people are sarcastic is because v8 conversions are a common asked question that is seldomly preceded with a build. More people ask with great intentions, but very little follow through. People who know how to do the build seldom want to teach people because when the teacher elaborates in-depth the student does not know enough about mechanical conversion to take on the build. It is like talking to a brick wall. I am not saying you are stupid. Just saying this is a old repeated thread. You will need to turn watter into wine to get the right people to help you or search really old threads.

#15 ·
The reason people are sarcastic is because v8 conversions are a common asked question that is seldomly preceded with a build. More people ask with great intentions, but very little follow through. People who know how to do the build seldom want to teach people because when the teacher elaborates in-depth the student does not know enough about mechanical conversion to take on the build. It is like talking to a brick wall. I am not saying you are stupid. Just saying this is a old repeated thread. You will need to turn watter into wine to get the right people to help you or search really old threads.
Well it's not an impossible thing. It seems easy when you have a donor car, and patience. I can't really find any old threads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.