Mustang Evolution Forum banner

split induction ram/cai?? possible?

Tags
cai
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mattyp511 
#1 ·
So i was bored thinking about my car and was curious if it was possible or beneficial to some how split the end of our intakes where the filter goes.... Kinda like the corvette dual cone intake. And have one as the normal cai and the second one have tubing connected to it to maybe the front bumper area as more like a ram air, then all leading to the main intake tube? Am i crazy or is the feasible? Benificial? Or just stupid? You know the corvette dual intake I'm talking about right? Just goes like a Y from one tube to two intakes? So keep one filter like it is and add an extension to the other to another area for more air? Let me know your thoughts

#2 ·
The mach 1 intake is ram air that runs through the air box where the filter is why not just do that? Cold air and ram air in one shot. Just sayin

1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears

#3 ·
Yea i was looking at the mach 1 intake system to get an idea how i could do it, cause its basically the same thing, normal intake and ram air thru the scoop.... But the shaker system costs way to much money for few hp i would see from it... Shaker system, new hood, paint, labor. I kinda wanted a cheaper diy type project. But thanks for your reply tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.