Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Supercharger

I have an automatic transmission so nothing too crazy on power but im looking for a cheep supercharger that would add 50-70hp and still be reliable
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Seriously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Cheap
Reliable
Fast

You can only pick 2


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bravebowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oshawa
Region: Canada
Posts: 283
If your looking 50-70 hp just change your valve train to a roller valve train. Cheaper then a supercharger and doesn't affect your reliblility.


1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravebowhunter View Post
If your looking 50-70 hp just change your valve train to a roller valve train. Cheaper then a supercharger and doesn't affect your reliblility.


1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears

I have no idea what that is

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Seriously

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
No hate but this is why I will swap a V8 5.0 in this car

What the hell is the point of spending 4500-5000 on these V6s that wont even get you to 300 rwhp with this crappy 3.8 engine? Thats why I will be going with a 5.0. That motor responds so much better to power and there are way more aftermarketsupport than the 3.8

A donorcar r
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
No hate but this is why I will swap a V8 5.0 in this car



What the hell is the point of spending 4500-5000 on these V6s that wont even get you to 300 rwhp with this crappy 3.8 engine? Thats why I will be going with a 5.0. That motor responds so much better to power and there are way more aftermarketsupport than the 3.8



A donorcar r

Keyword cheep. Like a used supercharger or something that would make the car a tad bit more respectable
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
If it costs more than $2000 ima just drop a 3v gt motor in it
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bravebowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oshawa
Region: Canada
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
I have no idea what that is

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------




Yeah?

You replace your lifters with roller lifters and you replace your rockers with roller rockers. And you can even get bigger roller rockers to give you more valve lift better air flow and a lot less friction so the motor can turn easier sending more power to the wheels.


1967 coupe 351w 5 speed dual exhaust long tube headers, 2000 v6 5 speed dual exhaust lowering springs drilled and slotted rotors, 2005 ford ranger single cab 3.0 under drive pulleys auto 8.8 rear end with 4.10 gears
Bravebowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
cozny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
No hate but this is why I will swap a V8 5.0 in this car



What the hell is the point of spending 4500-5000 on these V6s that wont even get you to 300 rwhp with this crappy 3.8 engine? Thats why I will be going with a 5.0. That motor responds so much better to power and there are way more aftermarketsupport than the 3.8



A donorcar r

Wich 5.0? The 94-98 5.0 motors are just as sad. I would just save up for an new edge gt.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozny View Post
Wich 5.0? The 94-98 5.0 motors are just as sad. I would just save up for an new edge gt.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Actually only 94-95 SN95 were 5.0's, 96+ were 4.6

Why were they sad motors? The aftermarket they support is amazing thus it is WAY cheaper to get that quick than the crappy 3.8
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
cozny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 102
94.95*


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
cozny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 102
There both bad motors, there outdated and since its an old motor there not reliable compared to a newer motor. The 5.0 can be made to go fast(they both can be) but in the end of it all, it's not practical. Also insurance is going to eat you alive. And are you aware of everything you need to change? (It's not as simple as just removing the old motor and putting a new one in.)


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: ocean city
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozny View Post
There both bad motors, there outdated and since its an old motor there not reliable compared to a newer motor. The 5.0 can be made to go fast(they both can be) but in the end of it all, it's not practical. Also insurance is going to eat you alive. And are you aware of everything you need to change? (It's not as simple as just removing the old motor and putting a new one in.)


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
The transmission from the 94-95 5.0 and 99+ is compatible. You can just bolt on
And I know..you have to change the wiring harnesses, ecu, etc. Guess what? Still easier than swapping a 4.6 in because 4.6 is far different than the 3.8. The 3.8 is similar towards the 5.0. Also I don't know about you but the 5.0 responds to mods and power far better than the 3.8 single or split port

For $5000 you can swap in a 5.0 and supercharge the car and already have numbers exceeding the 3.8 limits as much as going to 320-350 rwph + the bolt ons you do

With the 3.8? For $5000 (procharger) you STILL don't reach 300 rwhp even with a tune, and you still get stomped by Mach 1's or even 99-'01 Cobra's.
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,583
There is so much bad info recycling and fail in this thread my eyes and brain are how hurting. .. I do want to give the benefit of the doubt and write the one about the roller rockers off as a bad joke.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jmustang78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Billings
Region: Montana
Posts: 132
Send a message via Yahoo to Jmustang78
Supercharger

Get the 4.2 bottom end and the SC Tbird top end and u will have a decent set up! U can push way more than 300 out of the 3.8!!! That set up won't break the bank either if u know how to do it yourself!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jmustang78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmustang78 View Post
Get the 4.2 bottom end and the SC Tbird top end and u will have a decent set up! U can push way more than 300 out of the 3.8!!! That set up won't break the bank either if u know how to do it yourself!


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

So where can i get that bottom?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
Actually only 94-95 SN95 were 5.0's, 96+ were 4.6

Why were they sad motors? The aftermarket they support is amazing thus it is WAY cheaper to get that quick than the crappy 3.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozny View Post
94.95*


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Missed this.

The 94/95 Cobras have a great motor, its like a 99-04 PI motor but with a pair of balls down low. They were underrated too usually making around 235 to the wheels bone *** stock and take to mods REAL well. Also stupid easy to work on.

Also for the regular GT... you can do GT40 heads cleaned up for $400 or so if you are good and then $150 for a GT40 intake. Swap the heads/intake in an afternoon and leave the stock cam and don't even have to tune and the car will pick up 40whp.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jmustang78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Billings
Region: Montana
Posts: 132
Send a message via Yahoo to Jmustang78
Supercharger

Any 4.2L ford van or F150. And make sure the top end comes from a 94-95 Tbird! They had better top end and bigger injectors than their predisessors


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jmustang78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmustang78 View Post
Any 4.2L ford van or F150. And make sure the top end comes from a 94-95 Tbird! They had better top end and bigger injectors than their predisessors


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

So any tbird?
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:57 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jmustang78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Billings
Region: Montana
Posts: 132
Send a message via Yahoo to Jmustang78
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
So any tbird?

No the 94-95 SC Tbird


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Jmustang78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
supercharger/headers smokin6 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 1 10-28-2003 06:35 AM
Next Gen Electric Supercharger??? Rellik Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 31 10-13-2003 08:03 AM
supercharger el cheapo Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 08-20-2003 11:34 PM
$200+ complete supercharger, help Stang01 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 3 07-20-2003 05:07 PM
Supercharger or Nitrous? ERICK Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 8 05-12-2003 03:41 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.