Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Boost

780 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sonicpony03 
#1 ·
Do you think a stock 99 sixxer with 203,xxx miles can handle boost. It's a manual If that matters. Would there be a safe amount it could handle? I got offered a Garrett 50mm trim turbo and wondering how much it could take or should I decline it. Also how much money on my end would it take to get to the point of all parts bought and ready to put on? Thanks guys, don't know much about turbos

#4 ·
There are two main factors when adding FI to any vehicle...

1. How well maintained the vehicle has been it's entire life
2. Quality of parts and tune being applied

If you've owned the car for at least 75% of the mileage and maintained it properly then you're off to a better start. That being said the amount of money/time needed to run a turbo properly even at low boost probably isn't worth it if the car is your daily driver.

There's always a chance of mechanical failure with a high mileage car and that variable becomes exponentially larger after FI.

Not trying to completely deter you, I know of guys running boost applications on their cars with higher mileage +150k. Two 2v's with upgraded upper intakes (ditched the junk plastic stock unit) and an 03 Cobra 4V (109k).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.