Duel exhaust on 2000 v6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #1

Duel exhaust on 2000 v6

I have a 2000 v6 with 155k miles. Completely stock aside from Trans was replaced after 100k. I've had the car for a few month but have just saved the money to upgrade some things. Does anyone have an opinion on if it's worth the money to upgrade to duels and what mufflers I should buy? Been looking at flowmaster 44's. Any other suggestions on exhaust or if I should spend my money elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

I guess I should have added that most of all my main question is, is it worth the money and if not what should I do first?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutio
brodygrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Exhaust is always a first upgrade for our sixxers the better out flow of air helps the engine breather providing slight hp and a better running block that you'll be thankfull for if you upgrade anything else that said exhaust is really a personal preference and the best way to know is to run through youtube and see what you like best I just installed borla ATAK cat back with a pace setter h-pipe about 6 months ago that I love it was expensive but you do pay for what you get.

EverettsV6Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
If you are keeping the car for at least couple of years and the car has no major issues, I'd say go for it, upgrade and enjoy your ride.

Regarding the exhaust, you can go to YouTube and hear the different types of setups, I know sometimes the quality of videos doesn't give the exhaust a fair judgement but at least you'll have an idea and you can go from there.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #4

Does anybody know if a 2000 v6 mustang has short or long tube headers stock? I think they are short but want to double check. Thanks

Isaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:59 PM   #5
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Probably manifolds or
"short tube" like

2010 Grabber Blue GT
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:21 PM   #6

Thank you @silverskoundrel

Isaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:26 AM   #7

Region: Minnesota
I have duel exhaust on my 04' 3.9 mustang. Stock heads, stock cats, mac mufflers. It sounds like a V8. If your looking for a decent sound that worked for mine! Sounds great.

Mustang.777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #8

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettsV6Power View Post
Exhaust is always a first upgrade for our sixxers the better out flow of air helps the engine breather providing slight hp and a better running block that you'll be thankfull for if you upgrade anything else that said exhaust is really a personal preference and the best way to know is to run through youtube and see what you like best I just installed borla ATAK cat back with a pace setter h-pipe about 6 months ago that I love it was expensive but you do pay for what you get.

I have MAC LTs, MAC O/R H Pipe, and Borla S Types. The power increase was awesome but it does get raspy at times. How does the ATAK sound? I would have bought the ATAKs but I was strapped for cash and decided to save the $200 and buy the S Types.

Also, did you receive crooked tail pipes? Mine were crooked so I emailed Borla and got 2 more crooked ones, then I emailed again and I got even worse tail pipes. It looks like Borla has no idea how to weld properly or they just keep grabbing pipes out the junk pile and mailing them to me, even though they claim to have them specially made after I ordered them both times.
Eatel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust