Advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Advice

I have a 2004 mustang vert. It has 162k miles. I've added a bbk cai, Magnaflow exhaust, & dual halos. I'm planning to tune it & get 4.10 gears with slip differential. Plus I need to upgrade my suspension. Should I keep putting money into this car or just get a new car. I really want either an 03/04 cobra. Or the years 11 & up either. Should I just trade it in & try to get one of these cars or try to fix up my car till I can't anymore. I'm leaving to the marines in 2 years & I don't know if I wanna keep driving this or get an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
xrsfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 03:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

2011-15 v6 gt or anything. Just that model.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
The 03-04 cobras are IMO amazing cars now that said if you want to put money in a v6 you have to realize it's still a v6 and may not make quite the power other cars will but that said having a v6 that can put some rubber to pavement is a head turner so in the end if you're looking for real power (700+ hp) go 03-04 cobra/new v6 or gt it will be cheaper in the end and you'll have more to show afterwards. Personally I'm upgrading my v6 just cause I can.

EverettsV6Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you think that you are ready to upgrade in the near future, don't put another dime into your car aside from what it costs to maintain it.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

The 03/04 cobra is the only car I would get from that model. So I should just get the newer models of the v6 or gt. Thank you Guys

Old 01-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Id say go ahead and make small upgrades that will make you happy but dont bother dumping too much money into it. Then, when you are getting ready for bootcamp, sell it. When you get to ur first permanent duty station, you will have had plenty of time to decide what you want and your priorities will have changed. U may decide you want a newer mustang or maybe u will crave a termie. If you dont LOVE your mustang now, you probably wont regret selling it later.

irishn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishn8 View Post
Id say go ahead and make small upgrades that will make you happy but dont bother dumping too much money into it. Then, when you are getting ready for bootcamp, sell it. When you get to ur first permanent duty station, you will have had plenty of time to decide what you want and your priorities will have changed. U may decide you want a newer mustang or maybe u will crave a termie. If you dont LOVE your mustang now, you probably wont regret selling it later.
Exactly! As weird as it sounds owning a car is like having a pet..once you get attached you really can't let it go until the damn thing dies lol.

If you aren't truly attached to the car and are ready for something else I'd say upgrade or wait until you are ready to upgrade and bide your time just doing routine maintenance. I was the same way shortly after I got my 03 v6 but I got attached with it being my first car etc. so I kept it. I had to wait longer to get into a v8 but I'm glad I kept the sixer. Still turns heads and get compliments on it whenever I take it out.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang