Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Advice

821 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sonicpony03 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 mustang vert. It has 162k miles. I've added a bbk cai, Magnaflow exhaust, & dual halos. I'm planning to tune it & get 4.10 gears with slip differential. Plus I need to upgrade my suspension. Should I keep putting money into this car or just get a new car. I really want either an 03/04 cobra. Or the years 11 & up either. Should I just trade it in & try to get one of these cars or try to fix up my car till I can't anymore. I'm leaving to the marines in 2 years & I don't know if I wanna keep driving this or get an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
The 03-04 cobras are IMO amazing cars now that said if you want to put money in a v6 you have to realize it's still a v6 and may not make quite the power other cars will but that said having a v6 that can put some rubber to pavement is a head turner so in the end if you're looking for real power (700+ hp) go 03-04 cobra/new v6 or gt it will be cheaper in the end and you'll have more to show afterwards. Personally I'm upgrading my v6 just cause I can.

#6 ·
Id say go ahead and make small upgrades that will make you happy but dont bother dumping too much money into it. Then, when you are getting ready for bootcamp, sell it. When you get to ur first permanent duty station, you will have had plenty of time to decide what you want and your priorities will have changed. U may decide you want a newer mustang or maybe u will crave a termie. If you dont LOVE your mustang now, you probably wont regret selling it later.

#7 ·
Id say go ahead and make small upgrades that will make you happy but dont bother dumping too much money into it. Then, when you are getting ready for bootcamp, sell it. When you get to ur first permanent duty station, you will have had plenty of time to decide what you want and your priorities will have changed. U may decide you want a newer mustang or maybe u will crave a termie. If you dont LOVE your mustang now, you probably wont regret selling it later.
Exactly! As weird as it sounds owning a car is like having a pet..once you get attached you really can't let it go until the damn thing dies lol.

If you aren't truly attached to the car and are ready for something else I'd say upgrade or wait until you are ready to upgrade and bide your time just doing routine maintenance. I was the same way shortly after I got my 03 v6 but I got attached with it being my first car etc. so I kept it. I had to wait longer to get into a v8 but I'm glad I kept the sixer. Still turns heads and get compliments on it whenever I take it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.