How much would a New Edge V6 get from these mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
How much would a New Edge V6 get from these mods?

I am planning on having forced induction on the 6, but I am curious. How much of a gain would I get from:

Full exhaust (long tube headers, H Pipe, Flowmaster catback)
Handheld/email tune
8.8 rear end
3.73 gears
Cold air intake

Do you see a 15-25 hp gain on the crank with these mods? Also I am planning on buying a P1sc
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Id say with long tubes 7 hp and intake 2 and tuner like up to 10 so probably 20 more at the crank and 15 to the wheels. And the gears aren't more hp but will help u use the power you have to accelerate faster. Definitely worthwhile. And with the supercharger, depends on the lbs of boost you are running but that's going to be the biggest power adder for sure. You might want to get o/r h pipe or high flow cats to help even more.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
How much would a New Edge V6 get from these mods?

Those engines aren't big hp but they make a lot of torque.
I've got a buddy building a 3.8 with an M90 supercharger from a t-bird super coupe. The engine makes 350rwhp and 440rw torque on 12lbs of boost. That's the stock boost for that supercharger. But your best bet for power is force induction...

Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
So 20 more HP on the crank isn't too bad? That puts the car at 210. Hell, I think that makes it quicker than a 4.0 V6, doesn't it?

And I thought an M90 doesn't work on split port V6's. Only single port V6's. I thought an M112 is preferable on the split port V6's...which by the way I don't believe its worth it. It's almost impossible to get the right intake for the M112, and too much work + a new hood. Screw that. And they don't make turbo kits for the V6 either anymore, so my last option is a P1SC....maybe with nitrous (forged rods & pistons in the future)?
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
There's an adapter available for the M90. He's in the process of putting the 4.2 stroker kit in it and having smaller pullies made for it. But the engine has full bolt ons. He's trying to get 375rwhp out of it. It will be pushing it but I think it's possible. With the stroker kit and the pullies along with the other upgrades it should be there.

Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
So 20 more HP on the crank isn't too bad? That puts the car at 210. Hell, I think that makes it quicker than a 4.0 V6, doesn't it?

And I thought an M90 doesn't work on split port V6's. Only single port V6's. I thought an M112 is preferable on the split port V6's...which by the way I don't believe its worth it. It's almost impossible to get the right intake for the M112, and too much work + a new hood. Screw that. And they don't make turbo kits for the V6 either anymore, so my last option is a P1SC....maybe with nitrous (forged rods & pistons in the future)?

You can always have a custom turbo set up made for your car. It will cost a lot more but if money wasn't an issue Id be looking for some one that has good welding skills and knows a bit about piping if you want some thing for big power

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:46 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post

Yea 210, give or take, assuming your car hasn't lost Any hp due to lack of maintaince, and normal wear and tear, you should start with a good sea foam and tune up, plugs, wires, replace all fluids, filters, like oil and fuel, air filter, clean your iac valve, tb, and maf sensor, then u Should get back alot of potential hp that was lost due to usage, remember that in order to build a fast engine that lasts, it has to be in good condition to begin with. I recently did that whole list and not gonna lie it needed it big time, and i swear i felt more performance gains from that then anything.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mattyp511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
You can always have a custom turbo set up made for your car. It will cost a lot more but if money wasn't an issue Id be looking for some one that has good welding skills and knows a bit about piping if you want some thing for big power

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
+1 on the Turbo

TMA Turbo used to make single/twin systems for the 3.8's that made damn good power. I'd say the hp per dollar was way higher than an M112 or centri style supercharger. The single turbo systems were set up to run on stock internals at low boost but making serious torque.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Tags
new edge