When one wants to have force induction... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
When one wants to have force induction...

Say I want to make 300 RWHP+ you can easily make that, if not over that with a tune, full exhaust, intake, and definitely force induction, but do you think the best way to go through this route is stroking out the 3.8 to a 4.2 or is that a total waste of money? The reason why I ask is because I definitely want to have nitrous + p1sc, and the 4.2 already has forged pistons & rods, does it not?

What do you think is the best way to go this route? Keep the 3.8, supercharge it, tune it, etc, and then upgrade with a higher transmission, buy forged pistons & rods and then add nitrous? Obviously a stock 3.8 with supercharger and nitrous would blow the motor to hell.
fordmustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 12:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
A supercharger would be the cheepest and safest way to get above 300rwhp i dont like nitrous just because you have to refill it and you dont really have that hp
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Right but I want to supercharge it, and a 100 wet shot

That's why I asked if its better just to stroke my 3.8 to a 4.2 because it has forged rods and pistons or just keep the 3.8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yeah the stock engine should be able to handle a supercharger and some bolt ons if tuned correctly. But if you wanna bump it up then you will have to build the engine up more
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
You really need forged internals for that engine. 300rwhp on a 3.8 with a supercharger on stock internals is pushing it. The t-bird super coupe have forged rods from the factory with the supercharger. The N/A rods couldn't handle the boost (12lbs). So you at least want the rods but if you do that might as well forge out all the internals, better safe than sorry. But for that amount of hp you'll basically need a full bolt on upgrade. Those engines don't make high hp, they make torque and lots of it...

Dear IRS, please cancel my subscription...
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
You really need forged internals for that engine. 300rwhp on a 3.8 with a supercharger on stock internals is pushing it. The t-bird super coupe have forged rods from the factory with the supercharger. The N/A rods couldn't handle the boost (12lbs). So you at least want the rods but if you do that might as well forge out all the internals, better safe than sorry. But for that amount of hp you'll basically need a full bolt on upgrade. Those engines don't make high hp, they make torque and lots of it...

Really? Isnt the P1SC made for a bone stock 6er? People easily hit 290-300 rwhp with no issues on these cars (or so I have been told)

So you think just buyforged rods and pistons for the 3.8 in the future instead of stroking the car to a 4.2?
Old 02-06-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Naturally you'll make more power with the 4.2, but it's whatever if you want your engine to have a supercharger and nitrous I highly recommend forging the internals...
Keep in mind you'll be make torque close to if not more than 400ftlbs at the tires, so make sure your trans can handle that, and not break.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmustang3.8 View Post
Really? Isnt the P1SC made for a bone stock 6er? People easily hit 290-300 rwhp with no issues on these cars (or so I have been told)

So you think just buyforged rods and pistons for the 3.8 in the future instead of stroking the car to a 4.2?

Ok, there's a website that has everything you'll need/want, supersixmotorsports.com. They currently offer a 4.0 stroker kit for a 3.8, among everything you'll need to safely build your engine to handle the power.
If it was my car I'd put forged internals in the car. I'd never risk the engine blowing up on the stock internals.
With that M90 supercharger there is/was a company that made an adapter for the split port 3.8s I don't know if it's still around...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang