Smoked Halo Raxiom Headlights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Smoked Halo Raxiom Headlights

So I've had these for awhile and they're cool and stealthy as hell, but the light bulbs that came with them suck terrible. Any advice to what light bulbs I can put into the high and low beams to make them not so dim?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
No engine/performance mods (yet). Mach 460 sound system, 2 12" alpine subwoofers in a custom box w/ 1800watt kenwood amplifier. Smoked halo headlights, smoked sequential taillights, black bullitt staggered rims, racing stripes, and plastidipped spoiler. Future exterior mods - Chin spoiler, black fuel door, and demon fender flares (plastidipped).
2000v6_Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000v6_Nat View Post
So I've had these for awhile and they're cool and stealthy as hell, but the light bulbs that came with them suck terrible. Any advice to what light bulbs I can put into the high and low beams to make them not so dim?

Hey 2000,

I love the way the Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights look but I do always recommend upgrading the bulbs as the smoked housing does take away from some of the light output.

I recommend going with a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Light Bulbs. You will definitely notice an improvement and you will not be disappointed.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Smoked Halo Raxiom Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWill View Post
Hey 2000,

I love the way the Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights look but I do always recommend upgrading the bulbs as the smoked housing does take away from some of the light output.

I recommend going with a set of Sylvania Silverstar Ultra Light Bulbs. You will definitely notice an improvement and you will not be disappointed.

-Will

Is there any set I could buy that would replace the dims and the brights? Or would I use those same bulbs for both?

No engine/performance mods (yet). Mach 460 sound system, 2 12" alpine subwoofers in a custom box w/ 1800watt kenwood amplifier. Smoked halo headlights, smoked sequential taillights, black bullitt staggered rims, racing stripes, and plastidipped spoiler. Future exterior mods - Chin spoiler, black fuel door, and demon fender flares (plastidipped).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Is there any set I could buy that would replace the dims and the brights? Or would I use those same bulbs for both?

Hey 2000,

Great question!

Sylvania does make an H1 bulb for your high beams also! Check them out HERE.

-Wil
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you very much! Love AM, purchased over $2500 worth of stuff from you guys and will continue to use as long as I've got my trusty v6!

Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you very much! Love AM, purchased over $2500 worth of stuff from you guys and will continue to use as long as I've got my trusty v6!

No problem at all 2000!

That's exactly what I'm here for.

We appreciate your business and support and if you ever need anything, feel free to reach out!

-Will
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
May also want to look at Phillips bulb, bought new headlights last month and the Phillips bulbs work great, heard too many horror stories about Sylvania

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
rosad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The last couple years I've had these headlights I've just dealt with the bad lighting. My girlfriend has been the push to getting brighter ones. These new sylvania's work great, they're much brighter! BUT, I can't seem to adjust the darn units. I'm able to adjust the high beams with the top adjuster just fine and I got them perfectly lined up for highway driving. I go to adjust the low beams and it's almost like the adjusting screw isn't even attached to anything. I turn and turn it and the low beams never move. I rarely ever used the low beams on the originals because the high beams were dim enough I never got flashed, so I never bothered adjusting the lows. Now, it's really bothering me because I actually have to switch my beams when passing cars and the lows seem to be going straight into the ground and is extremely dangerous vision wise. I believe I'm passed the 2 year warranty to be able to get them replaced so I may just have to deal with it.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, holy crap. I just found on the AM site, they have purchase history. I purchased the headlights March 3, 2013. That means I've got 2 days... Will, since it's technically in the 2 years am I able to get the "Full Warranty"? Also, what are the stipulations for the full warranty. I had thought about calling before because the tint had began to peel off.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I also still have the original box that I bought them with. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang