POWER WINDOWS! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Nebraska

Power windows just randomly stopped working along with my power mirrors.

Used my fuse checker and ALL of them are fine. I replaced the one under the hood for windows and one under the dash for the mirrors just for ****s and giggles. Still nothing. Power locks still work.

Also extra tidbit, not sure if it matters. But when I push the power windows buttons my car does the beeping noise like when you open the door.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

No engine/performance mods (yet). Mach 460 sound system, 2 12" alpine subwoofers in a custom box w/ 1800watt kenwood amplifier. Smoked halo headlights, smoked sequential taillights, black bullitt staggered rims, racing stripes, and plastidipped spoiler. Future exterior mods - Chin spoiler, black fuel door, and demon fender flares (plastidipped).
2000v6_Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
Region: Virginia
If fuses 18 and 43 are good and have power, pull the switches themselves and look for broken grounds/wires. Our cars take on a lot of water from rain and sht and cause corrosion and broken grounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
TwoWhiteGirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang