Electrical Problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Electrical Problem

Ok well idk if this is the right thread to post but anyways I'll explain. For starters I own a 2001 mustang 3.8 v6. Last thurs it was snowing, my rear tires caught a snow patch and unfortunately lost control of my car. Luckily I manage not to hit anybody as I cut through 3 lanes of empty traffic and had my car spun around. May that point my car was at a complete stop. Next thing I know I see a car behind me (it could've been avoided 100%) the car decides to take the off ramp and hit me. Well now I got myself into an accident as my car is at a complete stop on an off ramp. Blah blah blah cops called and all that. Car was running at the time (it still runs) but I turn the key off as your suppose to. About 30 min I try to start my car but gets no power what's so ever. Cops were telling me to hurry up and all that. So I tell them my car won't start now and now cops called to get my car towed which I did. Once we got off the highway I asked them to see if they can use a jump box to see if I can any type of power to my car. Which I connect it and I get power and low and behold my car even starts! So I was able to drive away with no front bumper which was due to an accident prior. That was my whole ****ty day.

But my questions are to you guys that I'm completely baffled is once the guy behind me hits me my car is still running but I turned it off but minutes later I tried to start it but got no power whats so ever? Once I attached a jump box to my car I got power and my vehicle has started? Also now I have another issue. This happened the day of the accident but it started at night time. Now my dash won't illuminate nor will taillights (parking lamp). Yes I know my fuse is/was blown. I have a ground wiring touching somewhere and have no clue where to look. I recently had my turn signal socket and pigtail replaced bc it was destroyed in the accident. I'm also 100% confident I spliced the wires properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
leberj123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang