Turn Over No start 00 Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

Region: Florida
Turn Over No start 00 Mustang

I was driving then suddenly my car turns off and locks up, Couldn't turn wheel or anything.

After mutiple turnovers and no starts, I got 2 mechanics to check out my car where it shut down at, Both telling me the fuel pump isn't turning on.

Meanwhile I notice the theft light flashing & battery light staying on solid.
I googled theft issues and found multiple posts,I tried resetting battery.

I then went to touch and make sure all wires under dash were plugged in & that the fuses were plugged in, I pulled the only big silver fuse under my steering column on my 2000 v6 mustang, After doing all that and plugging back in. The theft light no longer appears?

I took to ford dealership and since the theft light no longer appears all tell me its the fuel pump since no codes are being given to them since theft light no longer lights..

Do I use all my money on installing my own fuel pump?Or could this be simpler.
Everyone is giving me grief when I tell them its something to do with Pats since I saw the theft light, but they say even after somehow making theft turn off by pulling the big silver fuse and replugging , the theft light would have came back on therefor its the fuel pump..

But I'm having hard time trusting that its fuel pump when the theft light was flashing when I'd go to turn over the car, although its no longer on Ford rethought the fuel pump and now theyre back to saying its fuel pump since light wont turn on. any ideas?

should I purchase fuel pump?
Why did light turn off when i messed with fuse?
why wont it come back on to give ford an error?
Alexb319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2015, 10:27 PM   #2

Region: Delaware
Did you check the manual fuel pump switch that is accessible in the trunk?

1st mustang, first car- bought mid November 2014- 2004 v6 convertible w/ 85k miles, v8 exhaust, fast enough to get in trouble...
Marcus0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #3

Region: Florida
Yes it was pushed in.
Alexb319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang