Custom VS pre-made exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #1
Custom VS pre-made exhaust

Hey guys. I'm looking to replace the exhaust on my 04 3.9L V6. The cat died on me. Any thoughts on a pre made flow master/magnaflow VS having the shop build me a custom setup with say Black Widow mufflers? In terms of quality/sound. They do good work. I feel it would cheaper if they fabricated something for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

merkdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Florida
they make it sound like rocket science when they advertise "X PIPE TECHNOLOGY" and such. but if the guys at the shop know their craft, then they could probably fabricate an exaust to your specification. tell them what you want out of it, discuss what kind of sound, and they can probably make it happen. i think the difficult part is dealing with 02 sensor locations. have em quote you a price on that, then decide.
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang