Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New oil pressure sending unit, still 0 oil pressure

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  ALLYDRIVER1 
#1 ·
Even after replacing my Oil Pressure Sending Unit, my car still reads "000" oil and the gauge stays where it's always been. The DTC code, however, is no longer showing a bad Sending Unit. Any help would be appreciated Speedometer Odometer Green Auto part Gauge
Vehicle Speedometer Car Auto part Measuring instrument

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#7 ·
1st time I have seen that, try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to clear the error and see if that works! The pressure looks ok from what the gauge is showing so don't think it would be the pickup screen, but would not hurt to check except for a new gasket! I had a 2000 GT and never new you could get anything there except millage reset lol!

#8 ·
What to do if you get a trouble code
First off don't panic, these are not OBDII codes, call your local Ford dealer and they will give you more info. Some of these codes are NORMAL like when the dealer needs to program a new key for your stang, an unprogrammed key will be inserted for this procedure, you may get a code 9601, this does not mean you have a problem with your stang. You can clear codes by disconnecting your battery for a while and reconnecting.

Found this at the very end of the article on how to turn on this feature on the 99-2000 mustangs.

Mustangworld HEC Instrument Cluster Diagnostics

#9 ·
alright did some research... do not believe that reading all its really there for is to say if it peaks above spec the oil pressure sensor is nothing but a switch so it really cant do on the fly readings you can remedy this by putting in some aftermarket gauges.. if you really wanted to see the oil pressure you could hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.