Heavy Vibration ~ Transmission Mount? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
Region: Nebraska
Heavy Vibration ~ Transmission Mount?

Hi All ~ I hope I did a diligent enough search on this topic so that I'm not duplicating this.

I bought my 2002 Convertible about a week ago ~ needed some work. New tires, Serpentine belt, muffler, new brakes all around. Car came back with only 2 new tires in back, with the previous back tires rotated to front. Unbelievably, the front rt. tire had a sidewall ripple & bubble which spells blowout, & they didn't put the bracket on the muffler, so that was clanging around & making noise. Took car back very next day for the 2 new tires in front, & bracket put on muffler. Immediately after driving out of shop, car was idling extremely rough in drive, but not in neutral or park. I thought the engine or transmission were going to just drop out the vibration was so bad. Never had this problem before taking it back to have them put the other 2 tires & bracket on. Took it back very next day again & he told me it was transmission mount ~ oil soaked. Said it was no big deal & I didn't need to worry about it and it was no safety issue. I could drive the car to California & back with no problem. He said I could go quite a while before replacing the mount. He said the motor mounts were good and were not an issue. This makes no sense to me. Is there any truth to what this guy is tellling me? It seems to me I should replace it ASAP & it's funny to me that immediately after pulling out of his shop the day before is when the problem started. Is this guy BS'ing me? Or a coincidence? I need to go out of town Saturday for photoshoot & now I'm nervous. Do I need to worry? Thank you in advance for your time and expertise on my problem here.

K2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Region: Illinois
U can drive it all u want. U have to be easy on the throttle tho.
. The parts cheap and quick to change.
I would replace it...
lookgoodgoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang