bring a v6 to mustang week - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 1
bring a v6 to mustang week

I was wondering if it was worth bring s v6 out to musgang week. Im a huge fan of mustangs and ive never been. I live 17 hours away from myrtle beach. I live in texas. Im willing to drive out there but is it worth going to?
97Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-31-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pirate Bman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moose Jaw
Region: Canada
Posts: 99
I would drive . Even though I live up in Canada I would still make that trip


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pirate Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Would you fly instead of driving? I think it's definitely worth going but think it's more about the experience although I'm sure it would be nice to have your car there


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pirate Bman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Moose Jaw
Region: Canada
Posts: 99
Oh I would fly for sure. But like you said it's nice to have my car there


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pirate Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular
 
Jon3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deltona
Region: Florida
Posts: 399
It's called mustang week, not v8 week
__________________
2013 GT, A6, VMP Tuned, Lethal O/R H pipe, GT500 Mufflers
2016 EB, A6, Steeda Tuned, Steeda CAI
Jon3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
It's called mustang week, not v8 week
We all know that the only real mustangs are the V8 models. 😈👍😆, poke poke!

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular
 
Jon3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deltona
Region: Florida
Posts: 399
Yeah until the v8's get beat by a v6....
__________________
2013 GT, A6, VMP Tuned, Lethal O/R H pipe, GT500 Mufflers
2016 EB, A6, Steeda Tuned, Steeda CAI
Jon3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
The_Chech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
Yeah until the v8's get beat by a v6....

Uhhh... Do what lol?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________


Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular
 
Jon3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deltona
Region: Florida
Posts: 399
3.7 vs 3v or 2v. Seen it and done it.
__________________
2013 GT, A6, VMP Tuned, Lethal O/R H pipe, GT500 Mufflers
2016 EB, A6, Steeda Tuned, Steeda CAI
Jon3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
The_Chech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
3.7 vs 3v or 2v. Seen it and done it.

Meaning modded vs modded or modded vs stock? Because that's apples to oranges lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________


Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mean14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
Meaning modded vs modded or modded vs stock? Because that's apples to oranges lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Stock vs stock. 3.7 will beat 2v 4.6

I've done it as well... when my car was stock. lol
__________________

Procharged D1 on 12Lbs, MPT 93 Tune, 73mm BBK TB, Ported Upper/Lower Intakes, BBK Shorty Headers, FRPP Cut n Clamp Xpipe, Borla S-Types, Barton Short Shifter/Blowfish Bracket, SS Clutch Line, Whiteline Trans Bushing, One Piece Driveshaft, Front and Rear Tower Brace, Whiteline Front and Rear Sway Bars, Whiteline Adj LCAs/Adj UCA, BMR Relocation Brackets, BMR adj Panhard Bar, Eibach Sportlines, FRPP Dampers, 20" AMRs, 3.55 gears, Brembos
Mean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:32 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
I like my chances against a stock 3.7

I do think the cyclone is an amazing machine though. Op should make the road trip
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:29 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
I wonder if OP is just trying to agitate. If it's a real ? go for it and enjoy a wonderful experience.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular
 
Jon3.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Deltona
Region: Florida
Posts: 399
Or is truthfully just wondering if it's a v8 only type thing.


But yeah, 3.7's have proven that v6's come along way
__________________
2013 GT, A6, VMP Tuned, Lethal O/R H pipe, GT500 Mufflers
2016 EB, A6, Steeda Tuned, Steeda CAI
Jon3.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
The_Chech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3.7 View Post
Or is truthfully just wondering if it's a v8 only type thing.


But yeah, 3.7's have proven that v6's come along way

I wouldn't say it's an exclusive V8 thing but most that are really really into mustangs typically end up going to things like this with V8's. Not to say showing up with a V6 is wrong or any thing but that vast majority will be all V8's


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________


Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:39 PM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
or people wishing they had V8s

poor impulse control
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chech View Post
I wouldn't say it's an exclusive V8 thing but most that are really really into mustangs typically end up going to things like this with V8's. Not to say showing up with a V6 is wrong or any thing but that vast majority will be all V8's


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Yeah but most of the times it's the high end rare mustangs that get attention at these shows. Your standard gt's even with mods are a dime a dozen so it's not like your competing with anyone. It's more of a chance to mingle with other mustang owners and have a good time.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
The_Chech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Yeah but most of the times it's the high end rare mustangs that get attention at these shows. Your standard gt's even with mods are a dime a dozen so it's not like your competing with anyone. It's more of a chance to mingle with other mustang owners and have a good time.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This right here^


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________


Oxford White Roush Stage 1 SN# 6925--SOLD but never forgotten!
Kona Blue GT premium - Slammed on BC's and BMR's full rear suspension
The_Chech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I would say that the far majority of enthusists that go down to mustang week will be V8 owners. The vast majority of V6 owners are just not enthusiasts and it nothing more than a sharp car which gets them from point A to point B.

With that said, if you have a V6 and want to go down to mustang week, rock it out bro. Go for it and have fun.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
superdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Mint hill
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,386
There are a good amount of v6's and there are some crazy ones that are turbo/supercharged.
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Go with whatever car you want man. No one is gonna make fun of you for having a 6. It's not a dick measuring contest, it's a place to enjoy mustangs. Unless you have an insane car, no one really cares lol. Go and have fun.
v6s are slow. 2vs are slow. 3vs are slow. 5.0 is slow. cyclones are slow. only thing that is gonna be considered fast there are 600+ rwhp cars. Besides that, you're all slow together lol.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Go with whatever car you want man. No one is gonna make fun of you for having a 6. It's not a dick measuring contest, it's a place to enjoy mustangs. Unless you have an insane car, no one really cares lol. Go and have fun.
v6s are slow. 2vs are slow. 3vs are slow. 5.0 is slow. cyclones are slow. only thing that is gonna be considered fast there are 600+ rwhp cars. Besides that, you're all slow together lol.
Truer words have never been spoken. Couldn't be better said.

Have a great day!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I would say that the far majority of enthusists that go down to mustang week will be V8 owners. The vast majority of V6 owners are just not enthusiasts and it nothing more than a sharp car which gets them from point A to point B.

With that said, if you have a V6 and want to go down to mustang week, rock it out bro. Go for it and have fun.

Have a great day!
Kona, I've got to say I am insulted by your post, I am one of many many "Mustang Enthusiasts" that is very happy to have a Mustang, period.

I may not be so privileged as to own a V8, but back in the 70's I was very privileged to own a 1966 GT Fastback (289 V8!}, very few can say that. And I have been a Enthusiast since.

As far as I'm concerned, any one who Ike's Mustangs should feel welcome to go to Mustang Week, not just the privileged V8 owners. I was very Happy to get my 6 cylinder and will enjoy making it the best I can make it.

So all Mustang lovers, go to Mustang week, and enjoy whether you own a 4,6,8 or none at all!!!!!

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ragtop_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #24
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,020
I know Kona didn't mean to be insulting.....he enjoys his. I'll guess what he meant is that the % of V6 owners that are car lovers is lower than the % of that have the V8.
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I know Kona didn't mean to be insulting.....he enjoys his. I'll guess what he meant is that the % of V6 owners that are car lovers is lower than the % of that have the V8.
Thanks, I'm sure he didn't mean to be so he seems like a decent guy.

It's just that I don't believe that Mustang Enthusiasm should be based on the # of cylinders, body style, or even ownership.

My wife and I went to our first Mustang Club meet up, as owners, last night and I certainly got the feeling that Kona expressed, surrounded by 500-800 HP V8s and wasn't made to welcome by those owners, since we were there with our 189k V6. I hope to help change that mindset and make all Mustang Lovers feel welcome in the future.



Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ragtop_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
He didn't say anything like that man.... He said the far majority of enthusiasts that go will be v8 guys. Which is the truth. And yes most v6 owners just have it as a cool looking car to go from place to place and that's it. He literally said "if you have a v6 and want to go down to mustang week, go for it and have fun". No idea where anything you said came from, literally the opposite of what he posted.


Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
It's not that you're not welcome, it's that no one wants to look at an old v6 when there's high powered beasts right there. Don't take it personally. It's not because they hate v6s , it's because there's cooler things to look at. Not gonna go "OMG a v6!!!!!!! Look at that!!!!". Meanwhile you see a turbo coyote or gt500 you go look.
Please don't be "that guy" that says how everyone needs to shove how they have a v6 and its just as much a mustang as every other. I hate those ppl and they make v6 owners look bad. Enjoy what you have instead...

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
It's not that you're not welcome, it's that no one wants to look at an old v6 when there's high powered beasts right there. Don't take it personally. It's not because they hate v6s , it's because there's cooler things to look at. Not gonna go "OMG a v6!!!!!!! Look at that!!!!". Meanwhile you see a turbo coyote or gt500 you go look.
Please don't be "that guy" that says how everyone needs to shove how they have a v6 and its just as much a mustang as every other. I hate those ppl and they make v6 owners look bad. Enjoy what you have instead...

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
OK, it's not that I believe everyone should crowd round my car and compare it to $50,000+ cars, what I am saying is that you can be as much an Enthusiast without having a beast, or car at all, c and you should be welcome as such. Thanks for the feed back, and I apologize for expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ragtop_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop_russ View Post
OK, it's not that I believe everyone should crowd round my car and compare it to $50,000+ cars, what I am saying is that you can be as much an Enthusiast without having a beast, or car at all, c and you should be welcome as such. Thanks for the feed back, and I apologize for expressing my thoughts on the matter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You don't need to apologize for expressing your thoughts, you just kinda went at him when he said that you would be welcome and can be an enthusiast no matter what you drive. If you show up to a mustang meet in a riced out civic, sure you can be an enthusiast, but I'm going to laugh at you.
Also, seeing as kona has a v6, I don't think he would bash one. He loves them.
Me? I hate v6s and think they are slow and for teenage girls and people who don't have v8s are cheap and wasted their money

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
You don't need to apologize for expressing your thoughts, you just kinda went at him when he said that you would be welcome and can be an enthusiast no matter what you drive. If you show up to a mustang meet in a riced out civic, sure you can be an enthusiast, but I'm going to laugh at you.
Also, seeing as kona has a v6, I don't think he would bash one. He loves them.
Me? I hate v6s and think they are slow and for teenage girls and people who don't have v8s are cheap and wasted their money

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I didn't realize I "went at" Kona at all, I nearly expressed I felt insulted at the statement that the majority of enthusiasts are V8 owners. Didn't take it personally.

Enjoy your V8 and I will enjoy my V6, even if I am looked down upon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ragtop_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop_russ View Post
I didn't realize I "went at" Kona at all, I nearly expressed I felt insulted at the statement that the majority of enthusiasts are V8 owners. Didn't take it personally.

Enjoy your V8 and I will enjoy my V6, even if I am looked down upon!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Idk why you would feel insulted by him stating a fact lol. And I own a v6 lol, not an 8.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orlando
Region: Florida
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Idk why you would feel insulted by him stating a fact lol. And I own a v6 lol, not an 8.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
So you hate yourself... That is funny! Have a great day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
ragtop_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
cozny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Wichita
Region: Kansas
Posts: 102
Lol, please don't be "that guy" that screams I bought a v8 to compensate for what I don't naturally have, so everybody look at me put others down! It's great to have pride in your car , but your last paragraph was offensive to a lot of people on the v6 section. And I bought a v6 because I'm cheap and wasted my money? DANG DUDE! Stop trying to act like your just covered in money because you bought a v8 mustang. Lol the whole point of the mustang was to be cheap, affordable, and fun for the baby boomer generation... So please stop being a snobby tool who brags about why he is better because what he can afford.....


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
cozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop_russ View Post
So you hate yourself... That is funny! Have a great day.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
His V6 will outrun a lot of V8's.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
You guys are aware that was sarcasm and that I have a v6......

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
His V6 will outrun a lot of V8's.
Yes sir it will! Go pro should be here this week, so videos from Mexico will be up on YouTube soon!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did Santa bring you a new Mustang? 4DRACN General Car Discussion 0 01-03-2014 12:29 PM
So, what are all of you wanting Santa to bring (Mustang wise)? bucko General Mustang Discussion 28 12-03-2012 09:24 PM
ok i'm going to bring it up again tire The Bar 16 08-05-2003 11:23 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.