Left Taillight problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #1

Region: California
Left Taillight problem

Something is wrong with my left taillights. the driver's side signals hyper flash, but the right signals and brake lights work fine. see photos

1. when i use my left turn signal, the front hyper flashes and only one taillight flashes which is the middle column but hyper flashes. also the left blinker hyper flashes on the dashboard

2. when i step on the brakes only one of the left tail lights illuminate, the right side works fine.

during the night, all taillights are illuminated but same issues as during the day

what could the problem be? is it a sensor issue or bulb issue
I'm planning to install LED Sequential taillights but it is on hold until i figure out what is wrong with my taillight. Thanks for your help
-Ruben
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail light problem 3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	190709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tail light problem 4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	190710  

Rubenfran26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenfran26 View Post
Something is wrong with my left taillights. the driver's side signals hyper flash, but the right signals and brake lights work fine. see photos

1. when i use my left turn signal, the front hyper flashes and only one taillight flashes which is the middle column but hyper flashes. also the left blinker hyper flashes on the dashboard

2. when i step on the brakes only one of the left tail lights illuminate, the right side works fine.

during the night, all taillights are illuminated but same issues as during the day

what could the problem be? is it a sensor issue or bulb issue
I'm planning to install LED Sequential taillights but it is on hold until i figure out what is wrong with my taillight. Thanks for your help
-Ruben
check grounds and replace bad bulb on left side,the bulbs have two elements in them.running lights on one and brake/turn signal on the other
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
This happened to me and the issue was a couple of old bulbs so try that first
superdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Def sounds like a bulb issue. Just a note, when you install the sequential system, they will hyper flash if you don't change the flasher unit. The original flasher is set up for old bulbs and their resistance. LED bulbs have less resistance and will hyper flash without changing out the flasher with one made for the sequential system. And as an aside, you can probably go ahead and install the system and you will have no issues since your current troubles involves bad old style bulbs.
yogibooboorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Most likely a jacked up bulb.

Also you don't need to change the flasher relay, that's just for the Raxiom kit. If you get the kit from the ppl who originally did the sequentials for 96+ cars you just splice and go or plug in and go.

Mustang Taillight Sequencers |Tail Light Sequencers | Sequential

Also the splice in slow rate kit is THE BEST ONE you can get and its like 1/4 the price of the Raxioms with the flasher relay. Instructions are almost idiot proof and splicing wires takes 5 minutes. Easy to put back to stock too with some solder and shrink tubing if that's something that is important.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #6

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLYDRIVER1 View Post
check grounds and replace bad bulb on left side,the bulbs have two elements in them.running lights on one and brake/turn signal on the other
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdrift View Post
This happened to me and the issue was a couple of old bulbs so try that first
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibooboorange View Post
Def sounds like a bulb issue. Just a note, when you install the sequential system, they will hyper flash if you don't change the flasher unit. The original flasher is set up for old bulbs and their resistance. LED bulbs have less resistance and will hyper flash without changing out the flasher with one made for the sequential system. And as an aside, you can probably go ahead and install the system and you will have no issues since your current troubles involves bad old style bulbs.
I checked the bulbs but they still work fine, so does that mean it is a sensor problem
Rubenfran26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang