cylinder heads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Region: Florida
cylinder heads

hello, I've been modding a few things and have a question. I have found these heads from super six motorsports. Do you guys think they need a new cam? tune? how much else is needed to install the heads other than what is stock? any advice is appreciated.

Eco Heads:
Our lower cost option for ported heads. Gasket matched intake /

header matched exhaust ports, blended bowls, 1.86/1.46 valves, std valve
job, std valve springs, retainers, new valve seals, surfaced and completely
$1150* per set, 230 CFM intake/150 CFM exhaust.

Options: Stainless steel valves: $295, 915 spring/retainer kit: $245

mustang3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Registered Member

Region: Washington
Not to be "that guy" but when reading this I can't help but wonder why throw that money at a 3.8?

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
to make em worth the money you would need cam and alot of other upgrades.i just did a 3.8 upgrade to my 2001 but i had some real good buddies that new what the hell they were doing help me so it didnt cost me much but some cold beers and bs sessions in the basically it only cost me parts.i was fortunate enough to have a real good friend do my intakes and heads (polish and match) but you may not have that luxury.i now have a 3.8 thats good for something else other than a boat anchor and it can finally get out of its own way.with a good launch it is capable of high 14's in 1/4 mile.not bad for na i guess.(3.73 w/t-loc).you might want to shop around for cheaper horse power.maybe a older 5.0 engine swap.hell a cai and tune and some rear end gears would add some attitude to that stock 3.8 you have.this is only my 2 cents and if it werent for mechanic buddies saying you buy the parts and we'll make sure it gets done right then i never would have started this project.i'll shut up now.good luck with what ever you do.
newedge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang