2 tire marks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
2 tire marks

when u do a burnout, i want to leave 2 tire marks. i know i can buy a new diff of a new rear end to replace my current one. Someone mentioned to me that i can just buy some parts and rebuild the interior of my diff to get the posi rear i want. along with this i want to buy the 4.10 gears because my car is unfortunately an automatic. so what am i going to need along with the gears to rebuild the diff??

emaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
well you can either A) get a tlok and the gears you want or B) find an 8.8 off of a GT and get the gears you want or even C) find an 8.8 that someone has already put gears in.

Keep in mind with any gear change you'll want a tune to fix the speedo. Since you're an auto i feel ya man on how it feels stock. although once it's tuned even with the stock rear that auto becomes a beast on a good tune. check out american muscle and either a bama chip or bama tuner. just depends on what you wanna spend and if you're gonna mod alot. if a lot save for a tuner. if like me and its just occasional then get the chip. also welcome to the site. hit 50 or so posts and AM will be nice enough to give you a nice discount code to help ya out

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
did mine with all new parts.Auburn t-lok,Ford Racing gear 3.73,Ford Racing rebuild kit and don't forget rear end fluid.Auburn supplies limited slip additive.parts alone we're about $750.00 with out labor.one of my best buds works for the city and rebuilds police car rear ends all the time.cost me some beer and time hangin out with some good buddy gear heads so i really can't say what a shop would charge.mine's a stick (kudos to Steeda TriAx short shifter) and opted for the 3.73 gear.i did own a automatic before this one and i fully understand why you want the 4.10 gears.i bought all my parts from American Muscle and all kits came with everything you'll need except for rear end fluid.gear kit comes with crush sleeve and so does the rebuild kit with all the other shims,hardware and sealant.don't forget to get some new drive shaft bolts for the reinstall (Late Model Restoration) but hey,while you've got your drive shaft out just replace it with a Ford Racing aluminum drive shaft!lol!hope this information helps.take some time to shop around for used stuff like a GT 8.8 with all the stuff in it.i can only give you my 2 cents on going with all new stuff for a 7.5 housing.good luck either way and keep us posted.
newedge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang