Need help. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
Region: Louisiana
Need help.

I own a 2000 v6 mustang. My car died when i went to park it at a store recently. So I cranked it back up. It ran perfectly fine in park and reverse. When i put it in gear it would die. So i called my brother that is a "mechanic". He drove up to the store where i was and immediately checked my transmission fluid. He swore up and down the dipstick was bone dry. I doubted him because my car had no leaks what so ever. But hey....he works at a mechanic shop, i'll listen to him. He put 3 quarts of fluid in it. That was 4 days ago. My car has been leaving puddles of tranny fluid big enough to swim in, the other day my car drowned out because it was so deep. All jokes aside It is leaking a very unhealthy amount. I'm gonna assume the seals are absolutely ****ered. But here is the funny part, IT IS STILL OVER FULL ON TRANNY OIL. I've been checking it everyday since then and it is still way over full. Went to Orielly's and the guy told me to clean out my throttle body. That fixed the dying when i slow down and put it in gear. But that didn't fix the tranny problems i've been having ever since this "mechanic" over filled my ****. Here are my problems, shifts extremely hard. Sometimes it won't even shift till i ease up on the acceleration. Stopped at a stop light and felt my car shift hard up 5 gears, went to take off and well...felt like i was coming from a stop in 5th. This wven happened to me while going ~50, just randomly shifted into an outrageously high gear. And my last problem, i'd come from a stop. Feel it shift to 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and while still accelerating shift back down into 3rd instead of shifting up to 5th. It was like hitting my brakes obviously since i was speeding up but my car was shifting down. Please help me, the other day he told me it was because my blinker fluid was low.

KoolGuy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: South Carolina

ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
What type of tranny is it?

Sent from my Z970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Horerczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

Region: Washington
You said it yourself too much fluid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
I would take the car to a reputable mechanic and have him/her do a complete service on the transmission. Which means draining it of all fluids, dropping the pan and flushing it out, putting a new filter on it and install new fluids. Or do it yourself but hopefully that will correct your issues. If not then a transmission mechanic is in order.
yogibooboorange is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang